CP3 Locus Gear trekking poles ?

I am. I wasn't really fond of the foam grip, I'm kind of partial to cork, so I cut them off and got rid of them along with the straps and put GG cork grips on. I like them a lot, they seem sturdy enough and they are the lightest trekking poles in my quiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I received a set of CP3 poles today and I must say I'm impressed with the build quality and weight ! I ordered on the 19th and received them from Japan today the 23rd. Not bad for coming from half way around the world.
They're all carbon fiber so not as durable as an aluminum set but unlike my old BD Ultra Distance poles I can easily replace a broken section. I'll update again after some use but a couple of minutes around the house tells me I'm going to really like these poles.

104TN

FNG
I received a set of CP3 poles today and I must say I'm impressed with the build quality and weight ! I ordered on the 19th and received them from Japan today the 23rd. Not bad for coming from half way around the world.
They're all carbon fiber so not as durable as an aluminum set but unlike my old BD Ultra Distance poles I can easily replace a broken section. I'll update again after some use but a couple of minutes around the house tells me I'm going to really like these poles.

Shrek, how are you liking these a year later?

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
They’re great ! Light and held up well last fall. Only issue was a wrist strap adjuster came loose. I just tied a knot in it and went on with business. Flip locks held without slip. I don’t expect them to tough as some heavy aluminum poles but they’re doing the job I’m asking them to do. Light strong poles sure take a lot of strain off you.

104TN

FNG
They’re great ! Light and held up well last fall. Only issue was a wrist strap adjuster came loose. I just tied a knot in it and went on with business. Flip locks held without slip. I don’t expect them to tough as some heavy aluminum poles but they’re doing the job I’m asking them to do. Light strong poles sure take a lot of strain off you.

Awesome. Thanks for the follow-up and insight.