Rangefinder retractable lanyard / tether

TheCougar

WKR
Are there any really high quality retractable tethers for rangefinders? I've tried the crappy Cabelas and Nikon ones, but they were really noisy - both the mechanism and just the device itself when anything rubbed against it.

I use a curly phone cord type one from fhf. Cord is stowed in the top of the pouch usually.

I've used the FHF coil lanyard and the kuiu coil lanyard. Both work about the same but the Kuiu hooks on better to the secure end and doesn't have a plastic buckle on the free end that would clank against my rangefinder once in awhile. I have also used the S4 sidewinder I believe 5 years ago and my dad now uses it. Worked well I just always had either rain or dust on my rangefinder lens so I went to a covered pouch.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I just went down to my local dive shop and got a retractable there. It works very well. You need to lube it a bit to turn down the noise but Ive been happy with it. Used it the last 2 years.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I haven't considered a coil lanyard... maybe I should. You would think there would be a quiet hunting retractable lanyard somewhere.

Owenst7

WKR
I've got some fly fishing lanyards that would probably work well. I don't use a lanyard on my rangefinder so I haven't shopped for one before, but I'd probably just steal one from my fishing gear if I felt the need.