Shelter lights

JigStick

WKR
Do you guys just use your headlamp for light in your shelter at night? I find it annoying to have it on my head when Im trying to relax after hunting all day. Im looking for some type of LED ultralite lighting device to use instead? Maybe something that runs off the battery pack I use to recharge my phone. Any ideas?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a small l.e.d. That clips to a hat brim but clip it to a piece of fabric that holds my gear loft (which I don't use)

OP
JigStick

JigStick

WKR
Something I can hang from the guy lines inside my Tipi would be nice. That way it could light the whole shelter. That Luminoodle looks interesting. I wonder what the run time is on that thing

DFB

FNG
I picked up a little led light with clip on back at rei. I love it. I think it may be made by one of the run of the mill companies like nitelite or something. I like using it a lot better than my HL.

lif

WKR
I picked up a cheap Coleman led that weighs nothing and is the size of a hockey puck. Hangs up like mini lantern. Think it was 10-15$.

oldgoat

WKR
Luci solar charged lights, very light and work very well, set outside the tent during the day where they will get direct sunlight and they are ready to go when you get back at night. Have to hit the floor at work so I don't have time to find a link for you, send me a PM if you can't find them to read about

colersu22

WKR
I have a black diamond Moji that I hang in my Cimmaron, I like how it can be dimmed down so its not to bright.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
The luci light works really well, but I wish I didn't have to go through all of the different levels, strobe, red, etc to turn it off. I've also used a battery powered glow stick thingy that I picked up at REI for like $2 that worked better than expected. It's a simple twist on/off and did a good job lighting up the shelter.

Ounces make pounds. I'd figure out a way to hang my headlamp from the top of the shelter. I usually just hang mine around my neck and I'm able to see whatever I need.

fishslap

WKR
I have a black diamond Moji that I hang in my Cimmaron, I like how it can be dimmed down so its not to bright.
I picked up the moji but I haven't used it yet. It seemed just right for my 4 man tipi. I think the luci seemed lighter but I wasn't sure if I'd have issues charging it on cloudy days, just never used solar.

Finch

WKR
I have something very similar to this (same company) but mine does not rotate. I keep it attached to a zipper inside my tent so it is always there. It allows me to see inside pretty well.

MoonLit LED Micro Lantern

I just ordered this Luci knockoff and think I'm going to use this for my upcoming hunt. It will provide enough light around camp and definitely light up my tent well. I'll attach it to my pack as I'm hunting throughout the day or leave it behind to charge in the sun.

Amazon.com : AIDIER Inflatable Lantern, Inflatable Solar Powered Lantern for Outdoor Activities, Camping Lantern, Emergency Lighting with 3 Lighting Models : Sports & Outdoors

oldgoat

WKR
I just wish the luci light had a function to turn on automatically at dark like a yard light. To me it's a comfort item for longer outings, I don't bring it by myself, only when the old ladies with me for our longer duration hunts.

Also check out PSL lites which are solar charging. 4 oz. Lantern style, waterproof and they seem very durable. Think they were coming out with more products soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

tttoadman

WKR
I have the not so popular Zipka headlamp. I can never justify a second light. This thing can hook on anything. You can just loop it on itself, and hook it to the pole. When this one dies, I will likely replace with the same light.