Boreal forest brown bear hunt packlist

JJexp

FNG
Hi,

And everyone in the AA club replies "hi, JJexp".
Anyhow, i'v come to seek your guys wisdom on my packing list for 10-14days bear hunt, it has to be with rifle because my country doesnt allow to hunt Brown bear with bow.

I'v cheaped out on some cases which means i have to take more stuff and my reconnaissance backround with all my G.I. stuff i just have to carry more weight.

Varuste1.jpg

1. Eberlestock Skycrane 2 with Spike Camp duffel, Got M05 puffy and M05 raingear in side pockets with toiletpaper.
2. Brittish army softie jacket&trousers and tent boots
3. Merinowool midlayer and socks both 180 merino wool and 400 wool
4. Merinowool undergarment and couple technical T shirts
5. Jerven Fjellduken, it's kinda like woobie/poncho with a liner in steroids. This with softie is my lifeline.
6. Sleeping pad, planing to buy Thermarest Neoair XTherm because of the bulk.
7. 600ft bankline
8. DD hammocks Pyramidtent, it's only shelter which i will take.
9. Hukari, it's kinda like machete but with this you can cut moose bones.
10. Gas stove + 140g butane, Titanium spork, 0,5l SS cup and Opinel number 4.
11. My country rip off from mountain house, going to dry my own foods for 7-10 days and after them i go with thease.

So what i dont need?
I get cold very easy and it's probably raining 14days straight so i want to go clothing heavy atleast leaving some clothing in my car which is on the closest road which is like 2-10 miles where i'm going to wander. And i know it's weights alot so any pointers? I think i have around 18-22kg in backpack which is like 40 pounds or something, i'v been training to carry 60-90 pounds which is like 30-45kg i think.

Varuste2.jpg
12. Tikka T3x CTR .308 with single point sling
13. Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32 FFP ERB-1 reticle
14. Sako Super Hammerhead Bonded SP 180gr, 30rounds.
15. Panora 8x30 7.5 decree view, thease are like from my grandpa so i like to use them.
16. Lowa Zephyr gtx Mid TF
17. Klean canteen 32oz SS bottle.
18. G.I. Issued M05 jacket(cotton :( )
19. G.I. Issued M05 trousers(cotton) in pockets i'v got sewkit, petzl E-lite, camocream, bug repellent, survival kit and lighter& ferro rod.
20. TT chestrig, has combat knife, trioxane, knife sharpener, red&blue color tape, measuring tape, handtorch, lightsticks and bandage.

Chestrig is going to change from recon/combat chestrig into bino harness before the hunt. And my binos are worth like 15€ when i wanted to buy Vortex vipers R/T versions i havent dared yet.

So the area i'm going to go is skandinavian lapland, boreal forrest area and 75-0km (50-0miles) from russian border. Polar circle and 600 miles from siberia, it's in finland and called Kuusamo, it's most likely going to rain all the time temperature range from 0C (32F) to 25C (77F), swamp, lakes, rivers... loads of moskito, deer flies, no cell service and if you can se more than 150yards you are in luck thick forrest, sounds like fun.

Hunting style is going to be Tracking/Spot&stalk but i have couple calls and i want to explore the area(thru hiker) so might get lucky. It doesnt matter if i dont succeed, i want the adventure and at day 12 i'm starting to pick berries :D

Also i want to photo and video stuff there so i was thinking to buy Nikon B700 for the trip, currently i have Pentax WG-3 and GoPro.

Any advises or pointer for the gear?
Thanks!
+ JJexp

bpctcb

WKR
Wow, what a trip! I would ditch the cotton clothes if possible & cut your ammo count down to 15.
You might post this in the General or Bear forum to get more responses.

Good luck!

BP