2 person tarp for glassing moose in alaska?

brown4christ

Lil-Rokslider
I'm leaving in 2 weeks to go to Alaska on a DIY for moose, caribou and black bear. I'm looking for a lightweight waterproof tarp for 2 people while glassing that won't break the bank. I'd appreciate your recommendations!

Daniel_M

WKR
I'm leaving in 2 weeks to go to Alaska on a DIY for moose, caribou and black bear. I'm looking for a lightweight waterproof tarp for 2 people while glassing that won't break the bank. I'd appreciate your recommendations!

2 weeks is awfully short notice for anything UL since many are hand made. That said, I would hit Amazon and pick up a tarp from Lite Outdoors.

EastMT

WKR
I would look up Borah Tarps. Give them a call, 6x9 was $50 and 8oz. They may have some stocked and ship fast. I had more tie downs added to mine and it came in 2 weeks.

OP
B

brown4christ

Lil-Rokslider
I agree it is short notice. I didn't realize that most are hand made with a ship time of 3-4 weeks. thanks for the recommendation.

Owenst7

WKR
Kelly Noah comes in 9x9 and should be available at many outdoor brick and mortar stores. Slumberjack has something similar also.

OP
B

brown4christ

Lil-Rokslider
I'll take a look at the Borah! That's definitely light weight. Thanks coop22250.

BearPaw Wilderness Deisgns will have what you want and get it to you in time. They even have a few tarps in the bargain bin that will save you some cash and work nicely.

OP
B

brown4christ

Lil-Rokslider
I checked with BearPaw Wilderness Designs. He gave me a great deal and is Going to ship within a day. That includes seam sealing it for me!! Thanks mrbillbrown for the recommendation. You've got to love ROKSLIDE! Great people on here willing to help fellow hunters!

I checked with BearPaw Wilderness Designs. He gave me a great deal and is Going to ship within a day. That includes seam sealing it for me!! Thanks mrbillbrown for the recommendation. You've got to love ROKSLIDE! Great people on here willing to help fellow hunters!

Glad to help brother. Own several of his pieces and haven't been disappointed yet.

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
The pictures shown are with two of us so we have 4 trekking poles and 2 tripods, but I've substituted with branches and stumps and works equally as well.

BigSky

WKR
I have a brand new, never used, OES silnylon 10' tarp, seam sealed I'll sell you for $135 shipped and insured.

Rucker61

WKR
BWD is a great company, and local to me. I've got the Luna 6 and a 10 x 10 tarp.