Kifaru Gun Bearer with Seek Outside Revolution

I am using a Kifaru Gun Bearer (universal), for the first time this season, in conjunction with my Seek Outside Revolution pack. I've been doing some test walks recently and found that my shoulder strap is being pulled to the side that my rifle is on, causing my entire pack frame to shift that direction, too. Anyone have a similar problem? What's the solution?

Without the rifle, my pack carries nicely, evenly. I keep the load lifters tight so I can just barely slide a finger under my shoulder strap and keep almost all of the weight on my hips.

daddie63

WKR
I just last night tested my gun bearer out on my Seek Outside pack. I didn't feel any pulling on the shoulder strap. I did have my rifle upside down, with the scope towards the ground instead of pointing up. But I'm not too familiar with the gun bearer anyways so take it for what it's worth.
I will say tho I liked how the rifle rode when I just slung it over the "v" on top of the frame. Pretty secure as well and quick enough to get the rifle back in my hands.
I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions too.

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running this exact system since last season, and I've loved it. I custom ordered the gun bearer to only use the universal upper, since the waist belt utilizes molly webbing just the same.

All that being said, it has worked very well and I've put a lot of miles running that setup. How much weight have you been running in your pack? I have not experienced whats happening to you, and I by no means am carrying any kind of light weight rifle. I've used it primarily with my pack weight ranging from 20-40lbs.

OP
M
Update: After a few practice walks and adjustments, I've come to the ~85% solution. My pack still pulls slightly to the side of my rifle, but I guess that's to be expected with 8-pounds on one side that doesn't have a counter balance.

Two keys to getting the carry that I have deemed adequate:

1. Firmly seating the rifle in the buttstock holster. I push the rifle into the buttstock holster and hold it down while I tighten the forearm strap. This minimizes any downward rifle slippage that will pull my shoulder strap to that side.

2. Firmly tightening the pack shoulder straps. I prefer to have some separation between my shoulders and the shoulder straps, but they need to be tight on my shoulders to minimize the pack sliding to the side of my rifle. This means that I'm carrying about 5 pounds on my shoulders when I prefer to have all the weight on my hips.

I'm carrying about 55lbs in my pack for an 8-day wilderness hunt, including 8 pounds of rifle. This is the solution I've deemed adequate after a few practice hikes on the treadmill. The tension on the chest strap doesn't seem to matter much other than the positioning of the rifle barrel. The load lifter tension does makes a difference, though; if the tension is so high as to lift the shoulder straps off my shoulders, the pack will slowly shift to the side of the rifle.

I'm still open to others' expertise. Perhaps it's just me learning to adjust to an ultralight frame.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've tried a lot of rifle carry options with a pack. Most have a huge flaw or two.

My favorite by far (and yes, I'm biased here) is the SO Gunhook.

Biggest advantages:
1. Transfers all weight to the pack.
2. Uses a standard rifle sling, so I have a way to carry rifle with or without pack, or with a Latigo style sling I have the advantage of an accuracy aid.
3. Fast to deploy.
4. Super light.

It's super simple, just a rod that attaches to our frame and keeps your sling from slipping off the top, plus a shock cord loop that attaches to the PALS on the belt and keeps the butt in place.

Anyway, not to be salesey, just sharing what I've found to work.