Stove opinions

welpro222

WKR
Hey guys, been getting my high mountain hunting gear together and have paused at my stove system. I have a new MSR windburner (jet boil style) and a MSR pocket rocket with titanium pot. I have always run the pocket rocket stove in the past for a super light weight system. Last weekend I finally tested my MSR windburner and was amazed on how quickly it boils water over the pocket rocket system. So without going into the details too much, I think most of you know what the + and - are of each system. What system do you bring and why?

I used the jet boil MiniMo.
I am at 10,500' highest and usually at 10,000. Never had an issue with it, boils incredibly fast. Pretty compact as well.

The reason I use this is cost, size and as a solo hunter the pan, which is as universal as I need & covers everything.
2 small canisters gets me thru any of my hunts, One will usually, but I added a tipi light that utilizes the same canister so I now bring 2 just and I am golden.

Hall256

WKR
I used the jet boil MiniMo.
I am at 10,500' highest and usually at 10,000. Never had an issue with it, boils incredibly fast. Pretty compact as well.

The reason I use this is cost, size and as a solo hunter the pan, which is as universal as I need & covers everything.
2 small canisters gets me thru any of my hunts, One will usually, but I added a tipi light that utilizes the same canister so I now bring 2 just and I am golden.
What tipi light are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I use a Jetboil SOL TI. It weights 3oz more than my Soto and TI cup but it heats water much faster with less fuel. I also love how stable it is and how well the cup fits to the stove. I grew really tired of balancing a cup on one of those small stoves when I'm tired or half awake and cold.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
Pocket rocket w/ titan kettle. Inexpensive. Lightweight. Works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I use the Jetboil mini mo also, probably going to primus model similar it next time mainly because they are not anti hunting company. Jetboil works awesome though. I probably should look for more light weight option for when I hunt by myself but not sure how much I'll actually save once have to add an after market pot