Water filtration system help

Remi1

Lil-Rokslider
Just wondering what everyone's setup consists of? Who's got the best system??

small bladder and Sawyer filter for pack, hiking and a Msr 6 liter with built in filter for camp

I fill my nalgene off the small bladder with the Sawyer to filter it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I was using a sawyer mini last couple years and filled the bladder in my pack but just picked up a steripen this year and will use Nalgene bottles.

Hunter6

WKR
I think it depends on water availability what u use.
Where I hunt there is not a lot of water so a nalgene and steri pen don't work for me.
I use a sawyer and when I cross water I fill my three L water bladder. I also have a 6 L bladder at camp that I use aqui tabs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Steripen Classic is what I carry as long as the water is fairly clear. I use the prefilter that came with it if the water has chunks. I also carry aquamira drops for backup treatment. My scout troop has the Platypus gravity system and I like that as well.

Stein

FNG
Sawyer squeeze is decent, but I picked up the Katadyn BeFree and a 3 liter soft bag and it is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UtahJimmy

WKR
Been using the Katadyn Hiker for over a decade. Never had an issue. Pumped some nasty water with it too.

There are a lot of different systems out there that all work "better" than others in different scenarios. My last trip I used a MSR bag with a Sawyer inline, and a Platypus Meta Bottle. It worked very well, but the water sources can dictate what will and wont work well.

GotDraw?

WKR
There have been a number of excellent posts over the past 1-2 years on filtation systems. Use the Advanced Search tool on this site and you'll find plenty of resources/insight.

Best,

JL

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
I literally own at least 7 different types of water filters. I am in love with my sawyer mini with a 64oz bag. By far the lightest, easiest to use. Second would be Katadyn Hiker, third would be Steripen.