Hydration Bladder Neoprene Cover

sparelink

FNG
Wondering if anyone has used a neoprene cover for their Hydration pack? I see hydrationtubecover.com makes one for the Camelbak I have and wondering if it helps keep it cool longer. Is it worth it?

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
While I haven't used one myself, I haven't read anyone who didn't think theirs worked. You can find some inexpensive options on ebay as well.

LandYacht

WKR
I use one that camelbak made called the unbottle. While not exactly just a neoprene sleeve, it does work for the filling question you asked. The best benefit from it is that it protects the bladder. I got a small hole in my ladder from something in my pack (I guess) and that was enough for me to always use the cover. It also allows me to use it on my smaller packs as it will strap to the outside with its tie outs.

Goes against my ultra light weight mentality, but conforms with my keeping hydrated and inside of my pack dry mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Using the Unbottle also. I have a Military Camelbak inside of it. That does keep it cooler longer for sure. Also provides protection to the bladder. I wouldn't run without one.