Pad fix

Got a hole in my pad last week , first night of 3 . It sucked. I dunked the pad in the pool found the hole , marked it and repaired it with Shoe Goo. Seems to be working 2nd day with the weights on it.
f98d75741bb0e836fc71fde7ebbee801.jpg
6eea97778c5127b643e02b5c486ecfde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Cant hit em
How's it holding?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Like a champ still has the weight on it and its holding strong . I will use it this weekend for 3days and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tenacious tape also holds really well for quick fixes on the mountain. We tore 2 pads in Alaska last year and they held without a leak for 3 more nights we needed them. I don't even take the patch kits that come with the pads anymore. They take forever. That shoe goo looks sweet though, I'll have to look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
i wish they would sell shoeGoo in tiny packages. even using them to fix boots, i NEVER EVER use up an entire tube. the rest eventually cures in the tube and then game over.

small squeeze packets would sell awesome.

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
Tenacious tape also holds really well for quick fixes on the mountain. We tore 2 pads in Alaska last year and they held without a leak for 3 more nights we needed them. I don't even take the patch kits that come with the pads anymore. They take forever. That shoe goo looks sweet though, I'll have to look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1. I also carry a small bottle of alcohol for hunting (to spritz my trigger). I clean the cut pad then add the tenacious tape. When I get home; assuming I like the hold of the tenacious tape; I think do a thin layer of seam grip directly over the tape for the final fix. Have two of those on my Neo Air right now going strong!

Owenst7

WKR
I just bought a xtherm and a xlite at the REI garage sale, had to patch both of them in a few areas. The therm-a-rest patch kits seems to work really well. They're little ~1" pressure sensitive dots of glue that you then later a thin clear tab over to keep the edges from peeling up. I bought two new kits of them to keep with my pads for field repairs. They won't cover a big tear (I've got tenacious and duct tape for that), but they were fast and effective for small holes like you'd get from a sharp rock.