Bino harness question

Floorguy

WKR
So I finally broke down and bought a bino harness, the AGC Kodiak CUB, decided that I needed something after fighting through alders and loosing one lens cap off my bino's. So my silly question is what does everyone do, keep the lens caps on or take them off in the bino harness?

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I run an AGC harness and ditched the lense covers. The lid on the AGC covers very well and keeps any debris out while beating through the brush.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
Ditch all the lens covers. I would recommend using a safety strap from the harness to the bino's. Last year I forgot to secure my lid and bino's fell out while dragging a buddies mule deer out of a snag on a hillside. Thankfully Zeiss has an amazing warrantee!

I remove the lens covers while hunting but my objective lenses are permanently attached, so they just flop as I take them in and out of the harness,where the eye piece is not so they stay off during the hunt.
I quit using any tether set ups, as its too cumbersome to get quickly in and out. With the lid on the AGC you can safely secure them any time you want.
I also quit using a tether on my range finder.
Everyone is different and for me this works best, and I have gotten used to these items not being attached.

I have the AGC and don't use any covers on my lenses. Overall I am very pleased with the harness, holds everything I want right there.

OP
Floorguy

Floorguy

WKR
Right on, thanks for the replies. That's what I was thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
I've found the cover on my AGC to be great, but debris can still sometimes make its way in.

So - lens covers on for me ... BUT I was lucky that the objective lens covers on my binos have a small tag out each side for attaching their own tether. This just happens to catch on the rim of the AGC harness when removing the binos, so they pop off all on their own, just when you need them to. It's a bit like magic!