Marsupial Gear Bino Harness

Hersh

FNG
Has anyone used this harness yet. Looks like a great system, but haven't read many reviews yet. Just looking for honest reviews of this system or are there better ones out there. Thanks.

Ive been running it this season. Its a good harness, like most others. I like that it has small lanyards sewed in to connect to your binos and that you just pull the tab to open it. Magnets snap together so have to be easy when opening and closing if you are close to critters. Magnets are strong so i could see an issue if you are running a compass with it on (havent tested that myself). IMO they all feel like a brick sitting on your chest so no gain/loss there from other systems. Comes with auto locking buckles (not sure if other ones do or dont now) and the harness itsself is less bulky that a AGC. Front pocket is smaller than a AGC but still fits a lense pens, lighter. Side pockets are nice for wind checker and calls

daddie63

WKR
I've been using mine the last 2 seasons and I love it. Fits well and I don't notice it much on my chest. Slimmer design which I like and the flap opens the right way...for me at least. The owner Jim is a good guy and his customer service is great too. I won't be looking for a different harness finally.

sr80

WKR
Also using one since early spring, I really like it. I like the compact and simple design. Opening and closing is nice, I dont find it too noisey.

wildcat33

WKR
Im using one as well and its been working out for me. I like that the lid opens downward instead of upwards. Its slim and has comfortable straps. I wish they made the buckles a little smaller and slimmer.

fishslap

WKR
I've been running one all summer and just got back from my Colorado muzzleloader elk hunt with it. Love it with no complaints. You do have to be careful with the magnets snapping shut but the secure closure is worth it. I used the little side pockets for wind checker and cow call. Ran the separate range finder pouch on one side. I also had a couple quadrangle maps in the main pouch. Low profile but plenty of features. I'll probably buy the fly fishing pack also.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
I think this was mentioned on another thread, but the magnets do mess with the compass in a GPS. My compass had me in the right place, but pointing the wrong direction. I had to recalibrate my compass away from the harness to get it to show the correct direction. After that, If I held the GPS the way you would hold a compass (up close to your chest) it would still show I was pointing the wrong way. Other than this issue, I think the harness is great. I may swap the autolocks and sand the interior to quiet it a bit, if I get motivated.

Johnboy

WKR
I have one of these coming in the mail to replace an FHF harness that I used last week in Montana. I decided I'd prefer the top to open away from me rather than toward, and I like the way the Marsupial's top also locks in the open position. Looking forward to giving it a try.

With that said, if anyone is looking for a like-new FHF harness, size medium, foliage (green) color, with range finder pouch, used on one hunting trip for 6 days -- send me a PM.

I think this was mentioned on another thread, but the magnets do mess with the compass in a GPS. My compass had me in the right place, but pointing the wrong direction. I had to recalibrate my compass away from the harness to get it to show the correct direction. After that, If I held the GPS the way you would hold a compass (up close to your chest) it would still show I was pointing the wrong way. Other than this issue, I think the harness is great. I may swap the autolocks and sand the interior to quiet it a bit, if I get motivated.

Same issue here. Gotta be careful with the compass. I like mine though.

Johnboy

WKR
I received my Marsupial harness with range finder pouch today. Seems very well made. However, my Nikon Rifle Hunter 550 range finder is too tall for the pouch. Curses!

Is there any recourse aside from buying a new range finder? Do they make a deeper pouch?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk