Muley Freak Harness review

After a 10 day elk trip and living in the harness there some things I noticed, good and bad. I had a few issues that seemed to get worse a days rolled on. First, the back strap would ride up and the material is like a saw on my neck. The mesh and stitching is extremely rough on the skin. Second is the material is a bit loud compared to the Kuiu harness. Third was the lack of structure in the front. After I would take out my binos, the harness would collapse a bit and not allow the bino back in.

Overall the harness is a good layout. I really liked front pocket and protection of the harness. I was able to put a few items in the pocket and my tag was secure in the rear pocket. For a first try I think the harness is a decent piece of equipment. I would like to see some better stitching and material. Not sure if there is a fix for neck irritation but that is what it is.

For the rest of year it back to my Kuiu harness.

OP
C
When I wore a vest I had no issue with the rubbing on my neck. However, it's September in Colorado and I had temps to 88*. I do like the harness but feel it could be better. Small changes would makes it the best light weight harness, hands down.