Game Bags

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used the black ovis game bags? I need some new bags and bomb bags are out of stock everywhere. How do the black ovis compare to regular tag bags?

OP
B

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
Struck out from Barney's. I ordered them but my order was canceled. Next in line is the black ovis bags. Has anyone used them?

Stid2677

WKR
Kuiu has some too, my buddy has used them a couple years and they work okay. They all are about the same as the synthetics go, I made my own from some 1 dollar a yard stuff that works good too and cost me about a buck each. The BO bags look similar to the tag bags and others I have used.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered the TAG bags through the rockslide store, as they are back in stock.

Owenst7

WKR
I bought a Black Ovis Large/Deer set off Camofire a few months ago. They're my first set of synthetic bags...I've always used pillowcases or the stretchy cheesecloth ones in the past. From my inspection and handling at home, I think they will be awesome. They're ever bit as durable as a heavy pillowcase, and I have no concerns about hanging the bags by the drawcord. The reflective strips are a very appreciated feature for me. Mine are the old/shorter length ones from last year I guess. The whole kit weighs about 14.4 ounces, 12.? with just the five bags and the stuff sack. I left the drop cloth out because I use a heavier piece of plastic for my ground cloth and I'll use that if I want to. The stuff sack is less than half an ounce, and is stretchy enough to easily fit some zip ties, extra gloves, my game tags, Havalon, and some extra blades.

I'm leaving for my deer hunt in the morning, so hopefully I'll have some field experience to review them with by the end of October. I'm have no concerns after pulling/stretching/messing around with them at home.

Camofire ships super fast from what I've experienced with the couple last minute orders I placed in the last week. I've been getting stuff via cheap USPS in 2-3 days consistently.