How waterproof is the Sig Sauer Kilo 1250?

Johnboy

WKR
Sig Sauer calls them "water resistant". I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these, but I want to have some confidence it'll survive hunting in the rain. Have any of you put one to the test in crappy weather?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Johnboy

Johnboy

WKR
Bumping this back up to see if anyone has run the KILO1250 thru its paces in lousy weather.

Doesn't look like anybody has. I have never used any of the Sig optics. You might want to get one that claims to be more waterproof. Would hate to find out in the middle of a hunt. I use a Leupold

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Sig 850 and it might be "water resistant", but it's certainly not waterproof. I was turkey hunting in 27 last year. Coming off a ridge down towards the Black River, took a wrong step and went in. My pack was half way submerged and my rangefinder was in my belt hip pocket. It got wet and no longer worked.

OP
Johnboy

Johnboy

WKR
I have a Sig 850 and it might be "water resistant", but it's certainly not waterproof. I was turkey hunting in 27 last year. Coming off a ridge down towards the Black River, took a wrong step and went in. My pack was half way submerged and my rangefinder was in my belt hip pocket. It got wet and no longer worked.

This is exactly the feedback I was looking for. Thanks for chiming in. For peace of mind, I think I'm going to upgrade to a waterproof version. I can't fathom being in the backcountry, only to not know my range due to failed electronics at the very moment of truth.