Best pack saw

ks.snow

FNG
Any recomendation between the Agawa Canyon Boreal 21, Sven 15" folding wood saw, or Silky Gomboy 240 for cutting firewood?

That Agawa looks super nice. But pretty pricey compared to the Sven. I am not a fan of folding set ups like the Silky Gomboy, but that's just me.
I may have to get a Agawa and try that.
Though my Sven has been flawless from the get go, and really light. But the Agawa is just a tad heavier, yet has better interchangeable blade options.

wooduckman

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Agawa Canyon Boreal21 saw for my Alaska trip and it was awesome. I brought a wood blade for cutting firewood, meat poles, etc and a bone blade for butchering the moose. I don't have a single complaint other than the sheath is heavy (13oz) so I didn't even take it. This saw will stay in my pack with me whenever I may have the slightest need, it's awesome.

Tbob

Lil-Rokslider
Sven saw all the way! Best saw I've ever used and packs down beautifully.

Akicita

WKR
I tend toward saws from Silky and ARS. I've got several and can attest to how rapidly and easily they will cut dry (as in harder) wood. Most any saw will make progress in green wood (as in pruning limbs, etc) but it takes the right blade to buzz through cured resinous woods of 4-6" diameter. My favorite fast-cutter is a Silky Gomtaro Pro Sentei 300mm (12") blade. It doesn't fold. Has a superb grip and it WILL outperform any saw in its class that I've ever tried. When I have to cut lots...and fast...it's the saw I'm taking.

I also often use a Silky Gomboy 240mm with interchangeable blades. A fine tooth blade will cap a moose skull without struggle, while the regular blade is great for dry or green wood. It's a folder. I wish it weighed 4 ounces less.

By the way, you can purchase the blade only in the Pro Sentei mentioned above. It's a full tang blade which means you unrelenting superlight guys could take the blade and fashion your own lightweight grips or scales and a scabbard.

^^^^^^^
Silky Gomboy 240mm with interchangeable blades - A medium blade Gomboy 240 is with me 24/7 here in Colorado. It has been instrumental in preserving life for me and others in my family in many situations over many years and I will never go outside my home without it. At .6 pounds I don't even think twice about a lighter option.

There is a Katanaboy in every vehicle I own.