the $1.99 knife sharpener.

boom

WKR
man..i admit,i was a skeptic. i brutalized my Swiss Army Knife cutting some cardboard. i was grumbling about it, and one of the office supervisors, digs into his pocket and hands me this tiny-ass whetstone. he said it is a cheapo all the winery field workers use to keep their tools sharp during the harvest/pruning seasons. he went on to say any hardware store nestled within the areas of vineyards carry it on the counter. he said.."wet it with some water and try it".

i did. it was so small, i was worried about cutting my fingers. so i went slow and careful. slow and careful is pretty handy when it comes to maintaining the correct angle. WTF? my knife was getting sharp FAST!! i stopped and stropped it on some leather sheath for a civil engineering tool..i have a few drops of diamond-cutting compound on it.. i am done!! that SAK is sharper than i have ever had it!!

i brought a stubborn knife in today to try on his stone. it worked!! he told me that the hardware store near one of my jobsites carries the tiny whetstone..so i went in and bought two. they were $1.99 each.