Jetboil MicroMo or other stove options

fishslap

WKR
I'm looking to get a stove system. Main uses would be heating water for meals and coffee/tea. I would be using it for hike in ice fishing and fly fishing. I may use it in my tipi in the summer but I don't do that much camping outside of hunting. Hunting seasons I'll use my titanium wood stove. It looks like the jetboil micromo is what I'm looking for. Does anyone have an opinion on this system or a better option before I go for it? Thanks!

Don’t know the jet boil but I am quite pleased with my msr pocket rocket 2. Light and fast for boiling water.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Same replay from another thread... MSR Pocket Rocket 2 and Evernew Ti Ultralight Deep Pot 600ml cup/ pot.

Fuel, stove, bic, and matches all nest inside the pot. All of this is 15.x oz. Under 1 lbs.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't had to warranty too many things through MSR (a testament to the quality of their products), but the couple times I have I was super impressed. Nice folks to work with and they stand (firmly) behind their products.

I have a Wind Pro for winter use (allows you to invert the canister); if you don't plan on any cold weather cooking- then the Pocket Rocket should fit the bill nicely

To answer your question, Jetboil makes a decent stove. The mini is really worth having. You would not be disappointed. The above mentioned other brands are definitely great products as well.
I am currently using the minimo...
My elev is over 10,000
My late season temps are below 20 which some wont act right in colder weather
I think the mini is lighter than the micro ?
It is in my pack and hauled in and takes some abuse in there...

Amazon.com : Jetboil MiniMo Carbon : Sports & Outdoors

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
If there is an option get the "international" you can burn damn near anything in those...

oldgoat

WKR
So that's what I have, Jetboil mini mo or whatever it's called. Bought it before I started watching Gritty Bowmen. Found out from that if you melt snow in them they will burn up the pot and won't warranty it and they aren't a pro hunting company, MSR Reactor will be my next stove, better warranty and better company from what I understand!

oldgoat

WKR
Well I lied, msr wind burner is my next stove. Just ordered it, Reactor technology but in a smaller package, check them out!

bbrown

WKR
Soto Windmaster and the GSI Haulite Minimalist is a hard combo to beat. Good price, compact and light weight and gets the job done. My kit with a full 110g canister, small GSI spice container plus the stove and cook kit is less than a pound.