Dirty spork

oldgoat

WKR
The worst to get off is the powdered milk from the mountain House Granola with blueberries when you eat it dry which is the best way to eat it!

Bigtex

FNG
If I feel like it needs a cleaning, i put a sturdy stick through the little hole at the top and roast it over the fire. Sometimes I put it in the boiling water pot for a minute. Of course I try and rinse it in hot water after eating too.

JDZ

WKR
Put your spork in boiling water every few days or whenever it needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
I had the same problem with a long handled titanium spoon, it was a bugger to clean.

Figured out a solution and I bought fork/spoon and knife with mirror polished surfaces, they lick clean perfectly. Porous plastic and unpolished Ti, aluminum, etc are a bugger for cheese, peanut butter, etc.

Get a polished surface on your utensils

JL

I had the same problem with a long handled titanium spoon, it was a bugger to clean.

Figured out a solution and I bought fork/spoon and knife with mirror polished surfaces, they lick clean perfectly. Porous plastic and unpolished Ti, aluminum, etc are a bugger for cheese, peanut butter, etc.

Get a polished surface on your utensils

JL

Dang it!!!! I been using plastic and just bought a long handled TI spork because i got it cheap. But, it's not polished. I never thought about that. God Bless

oldgoat

WKR
Dang it!!!! I been using plastic and just bought a long handled TI spork because i got it cheap. But, it's not polished. I never thought about that. God Bless

I don't have any issues getting my Ti Spork clean except the one time I mentioned above and it tasted good so I just kept licking it until it was clean! But makes me wonder if Ti can be polished???

RoJo

WKR
I have an Optimus titanium long spoon, the eating end is polished, the handle is plain. I have never had a problem keeping it clean, even after MH.

HookUp

WKR
I used disposable plastic spoons this year, zipped them into the bags after using them. They weigh almost nothing.

Dobermann

WKR
For what it's worth, those coiled metal pot scrubbers can be found in 'mini' versions, and weigh next to nothing. Just be sure to get either stainless or 'gold' ones, which are rust-resistant. Different brands have different weights and densities - some are fairly thin/loose weave, which makes them both lighter and quicker to dry - a quick shake and they're pretty much good to go back into a small ziplock bag.

Work great for forks/sporks, but also for if you accidentally burn food onto your cookware - the green Scotchbrite scrubbing pads don't always work well for serious cases.