Best fold down bino harness

Jbird1

FNG
Anybody try Outdoor Vision? Their a sponsor on here and I'm seriously thinking about trying one.

I used one for the first time this year and liked it. Only thing I have to compare it to is an AGC model. The Outdoor vision is sleaker and the straps don't rub my neck and shoulders raw like the AGC does when I'm not wearing a shirt underneath but the downside is that it has less room for storage. All-in-all a good purchase but I'm still looking for that holy grail as well and this might be as close as I'll ever get.

OP
Where's Bruce?
I wanted something that protects my binos better than my Kuiu one so I did some research and ended up with the Sitka one with a Marsupial rangefinder pouch. I like both of them so far. The Marsupial and Sitka are similar, but I went with the Sitka one because it is fully enclosed.

In places like AZ I can find myself in high winds with sand that appear out of nowhere so a fully enclosed and lighter weight harness appeals to me. TravKatQ made me a generous offer so I am buyng his Subalpine harness and ordered a Marsupial RF pouch. I'm an ounce-counting weenie who puts on the miles in the backcountry and being a bigger and older guy, sweat control is important. My primary camo is Subalpine now. We'll see how it goes, I can still add the Marsupial to my Christmas wish list. <g>

22406064_10214087808370320_1129241913823382085_n.jpg

I don’t want a bowling ball hanging off my neck...If the KUIU design would just be improved with a “Y” strap, it would be the best in my opinion. As it stands, it can very frustrating...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

aron

WKR
I've used the outdoor vision and very happy with it. The material is great and the harness is comfortable. It can be used with one hand as well. I preferred it over FHF and Kuiu. I currently used the Outdoor Vision and Marsupial and dot think you can go wrong with either. Both companies have great customer service and made in USA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I haven't but have heard good things. That is the route I would go if I could get over the fact I want to avoid magnets.

This is a decent review on the harnesses including marsupial and OV. Bino Harness Comparison - 3 Brands - YouTube

If they made the Outdoor Vision harness without magnets - i.e, with bungie straps, it might be the ultimate setup. I would buy it today. I too, want to avoid magnets. I used FHF for years, and this year AGC.

I replaced the top buckles on the AGC with ones like on FHF and it made a huge difference in comfort.

Whisky

WKR
The Marsupial is damn near perfect. Except it's loud. Not the magnets, but the material. Even worse in sub freezing weather... I have an Outdoor Vision in bound and will compare the two on a muley hunt coming up.

I've tried most of the others except for Sitka.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a review I did on the Outdoor Vision and on the Muley Freak
[video=youtube_share;v7JavbuYslc]https://youtu.be/v7JavbuYslc[/video]
[video=youtube_share;SUcBMsaRgfM]https://youtu.be/SUcBMsaRgfM[/video]

Thanks,
Boswell

AZElk

FNG
For me the Marsupial Gear bino harness has worked good for a fold down bino pack. It had magnets that will hold it closed for when you at moving about and a magnet strip at the bottom to hold the case open. I personally keep the case open half the time because the case has very positive retention of your binoculars. I appreciate that fact that they put autolock buckles on to begin with so I did not have to replace them after purchase. All in all this is a rock solid binocular harness and I would definitely take a look at it if you are interested in a fold down option.