Best fold down bino harness

I’ve been looking at a number of bino harnesses, mostly the type that fold down rather than up like my FHF. Muley Freak, OC, Sitka, Marsupial, etc. I like the idea of one-handed access especially when stalking with a bow. Wanna smaller bino harness than my FHF that will also hold my RF. Silent operation is my greatest priority. Fewer hard plastic clips means less weight and my wrist strap release won’t make noise if i accidentally hit it. Anyone know what Aron's wearing as his GO TO harness?

TravKatQ

WKR
I would look at the marsupial harness, it’s a one handed operation and built solid. The rangefinder pouch is the same way and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Snyder is running the Sitka and Alaskan Guide creations (which is another bomb proof harness)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried most looking for the holy grail. Recently bought a Marsupial..fantastic system. Flap folds down and under with magnets top and underneath. Great system!

AGC works with one hand too. I unlatch it at the beginning of the hunt, and just fold the lid down when stalking, and I can then reach with one hand and pull the binos out.
Vortex Razor 10x42 come out super easy- the Swarovski 10x42 are a bit tighter if you leave the objective lens caps in place, which I always do.
The ocular caps are never on while in the field hunting.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
I'm leaning towards the Sitka simply because it weighs half what the others do and the strap system won't make me sweat more like so of the others. The magnetic SNAP of the marsupial worries me as a bow hunter...it is awfully loud and while it may not shut accidentally, if it did it would be bad when closing thos eprecious few yards. I also dislike the open sides. My Swaros deserve full protection. On the other hand, Sitka doesn't make a rangefinder pouch for it. That's a huge error IMO.

[video=youtube;qTwAxocMTfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTwAxocMTfE[/video]

I wanted something that protects my binos better than my Kuiu one so I did some research and ended up with the Sitka one with a Marsupial rangefinder pouch. I like both of them so far. The Marsupial and Sitka are similar, but I went with the Sitka one because it is fully enclosed.

Another Vote for Marsupial.. Worrying about the flap closing while closing the last few yards is over thinking it. You could come up with the worst case scenario for just about any piece of equipment. As far as the open sides, I much prefer open sides on my harness for an easy access. I too carry Swaro's and have yet to have anything damage the sides of them while carrying them in the Marsupial. I have owned FHF, Kuiu, AGC and Sitka, and now the marsupial. I am by far happiest with the marsupial.

rodney482

WKR
Ive tried just about all of them. Own several.... I settled on marsupial.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Another Vote for Marsupial.. Worrying about the flap closing while closing the last few yards is over thinking it. You could come up with the worst case scenario for just about any piece of equipment. As far as the open sides, I much prefer open sides on my harness for an easy access. I too carry Swaro's and have yet to have anything damage the sides of them while carrying them in the Marsupial. I have owned FHF, Kuiu, AGC and Sitka, and now the marsupial. I am by far happiest with the marsupial.

What does the Marsupial do better than the Sitka model? I'm liking the weight of the Sitka.

Trial153

WKR
The newest version of the Sitka harness is damn nice. Been running it for the last two months and can’t see myself switching anytime soon

TravKatQ

WKR
What does the Marsupial do better than the Sitka model? I'm liking the weight of the Sitka.

I do have a brand new Sitka 10x bino harness for sale (new model) in subalpine if your interested. Never used just bought to compare against the AGC and I’m sticking with the AGC.

Felix40

WKR

Made in the USA.
$50 cheaper than sitka
Magnets on the bottom to keep the flap open.
Several size pouch sizes rather than just the one size for 8x42.
You can call or email the owner and he will fix any issues that you have instead of going through customer service.
Made in the USA.

Im not saying marsupial gear is any better but these things lead me to my choice to buy one. The sitka may very well work better for you.

Lawnboi

WKR
Really like the new sitka. It also has magnets on the bottom. Is fast and silent. But you can zip it up for a full seal. And it's light, very light. I've used the old sitka, and the new one replaced an fhf, which I'm glad is now gone.

One that I'd like to try is the outdoor vision one, I thought they were a sponsor but they look nice.

I like my rangefinder located in my front pant pocket

Trial153

WKR
some of the improvents Sitka made was a zipper that could opened and closed on both sides with one hand. They also took the inside mesh out to make for easier in and out of the binos. The side clips on the harness are no longer internal which make it much easier to take on a off. Magnetic Slap on the top and bottom to keep it open or closed without using the zipper. zero bounce in the harness and with the light weight you don't even know it's there.
I ran 10x42 SLCs and 8x32 ELs with it so far and it's been great. I clip my range finding on the side strap..makes it's easy to use quickly and it's Assessable with my Release hand. Also depending on which rangefinder I am carting I can tuck it in with the binos and close the zipper when I know it's not needed quickly.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I know I will get flamed for this but Im really fond of the new Badlands Bino XR harness. It is awesome I used it this past season and loved it.

Badlands Bino XR Binocular/Rangefinder Case - YouTube

its not light but man is it handy. the Pocket placement is great and it can carry a lot and feels very comfortable. place for everything including Phone Bins, calls, tag and id, wind checker, and much more can fit into this thing.

warrior80

WKR
I know I will get flamed for this but Im really fond of the new Badlands Bino XR harness. It is awesome I used it this past season and loved it.

Badlands Bino XR Binocular/Rangefinder Case - YouTube

its not light but man is it handy. the Pocket placement is great and it can carry a lot and feels very comfortable. place for everything including Phone Bins, calls, tag and id, wind checker, and much more can fit into this thing.
I'm with you on this one. I've been using it this season and it's awesome. I've used the Kuiu harness and AGC Hybrid harness and right now my preference is the Bino XR.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
I hadn’t seen that XR it is a neat design thanks for sharing.

HeadnWest

WKR
After a lot of research I went with the Muley Freak harness this year. It was a big upgrade from the elastic bands I was carrying my binos on before. I guess the best compliment I can give it, is I barely noticed it was there. Wether I was using it while glassing, or running through the woods to get in front of the herd. It was like I never gave it a second thought. It stayed tight to my chest, it was light and I never had to worry about it.

kickemall

WKR
Anybody try Outdoor Vision? They're a sponsor on here and I'm seriously thinking about trying one.

Last edited: