Fenix HL60R double red.

lnDcA2D.jpg

1000 lumens quick recharge via sollar

6uU95Qt.jpg

Last edited:

Rizzy

WKR
I use a Fenix and a Petzl.

Black diamond is the worst! I used the lockout function every time and it still turned on 80% of the time. Now it just plain quite working. I'm glad It never made it past the scouting season as both my Elk and Deer where packed out in the dark this season.
The switch is too soft, doesn't have enough travel, and is too proud of the casing. These should have been design considerations that should have been addressed before going to market with this product.

AZElk

FNG
The Black Diamond Storm is a personal favorite of mine. Touch, locking, and touch sense light changing. I also like the petzel e-lite for my backup

snakelk

WKR
A lot of good options out there for sure. I've been happy with my Princeton Tec Remix Pro's. I've been running these for several years and so far they've proved dependable. I prefer the single CR123 battery vs. 3x AAA. Much easier to change out, and lighter weight.

Hmmmm. I order a couple of zebra lights 3 weeks ago. Got the confirmation but heard nothing else. After two unreturned calls and some emAils I got a shipping notice. Hope the lights are better than their customer service.

nrh6.7

WKR
DJ, if you bought from them directly I am not surprised. Cust svc wasn't super for me either, but I bet you love their product.

Tod osier

WKR
Hmmmm. I order a couple of zebra lights 3 weeks ago. Got the confirmation but heard nothing else. After two unreturned calls and some emAils I got a shipping notice. Hope the lights are better than their customer service.

I ordered 3 this week and they are to be delivered today. I agree on the questionable customer service, I almost didn't order from them because they don't put their number on the website and when I found it and called with a question the mailbox was full. I went into it with eyes open if I have a problem - it is my fault. Hope they are as good as I hear.

DJ, if you bought from them directly I am not surprised. Cust svc wasn't super for me either, but I bet you love their product.

I did buy direct from them. Paid with PayPal so I guess I can dispute it and get $$$ back. Coming up on a month with no product. :(

gelton

WKR
I did buy direct from them. Paid with PayPal so I guess I can dispute it and get $$$ back. Coming up on a month with no product. :(

Wow thats nuts and totally unacceptable. I have narrowed about 95% of my online purchases down to Amazon prime due to this. I just bought a Zebralight H600 MKIII for my Dads Christmas gifts like ten minutes ago on there and will have it delivered by Monday.

I bought both my Zebras from Amazon, and have never had to need to deal with Zebra directly. I have heard that they are very under staffed and can’t make product fast enough. Even their amazon listings are often out of stock or low stock. That might be an explanation for their poor service, but it’s definitely not an excuse. Luckily I haven’t needed any support and hopefully I won’t need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I've had a zebra light for less than a year, Christmas present, anyway it stopped working after only testing a few times at the house, sent back and they either repaired it or sent me a new one?

Now after very little use, never fully discharged a battery(18650 type) other day turned it on to track a deer, ran for 5 minutes and turned off, had my extra battery so I change it out, it turned on for a few seconds and shut off. Will not work, batteries check out as good, contacted zebra on there site and had a few messages to try cleaning the contacts, well this thing looks like brand new and I can not see cleaning it doing anything?

So it looks like it is going back again, so I am less than impressed to say the least!

Costco has the Coast lamps 2 pack $17 right now . They have a red and green light and are super bright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dtrkyman

WKR
I've had a zebra light for less than a year, Christmas present, anyway it stopped working after only testing a few times at the house, sent back and they either repaired it or sent me a new one?

Now after very little use, never fully discharged a battery(18650 type) other day turned it on to track a deer, ran for 5 minutes and turned off, had my extra battery so I change it out, it turned on for a few seconds and shut off. Will not work, batteries check out as good, contacted zebra on there site and had a few messages to try cleaning the contacts, well this thing looks like brand new and I can not see cleaning it doing anything?

So it looks like it is going back again, so I am less than impressed to say the least!

Well I have to eat crow on this one, I cleaned the end of the tube with alcohol and the light works, I have no idea how as the end of the tube was shiny as a new penny, but hey it worked!

The lightest, but brightest flashlight I have found is the Fenix HM50R. It's tiny, but has 500 max lumens. It has 5 power settings. For longer run time, I keep it on the lowest or second-to-lowest setting, but when I'm hiking and see the reflection of eyeballs, I can crank it up to the Max Setting and see full bodies of animals. I have had it out about 2 dozen times and have never had a problem with it.

I have used the Zebralights plenty, but I like the ability to just plug in the Fenix headlamp rather than having to pull out the batteries and charging them on a separate charger. Great little headlamp and doesn't break the bank either.

Wolfey

FNG
I've used zebralight h600fw mk2 for a few years now and it's been great. No issues at all. Lost some pocket clip screws on my Zebralight sc62w and emailed them and got a response within a hour asking for my address so they could ship replacement screws for no charge. Good customer service in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv had a petzl myo for going on 5 years now. Use it for much more than just hunting. Thing is a nice light, with a lot of very useful features. Flippable diffuser cap, on off protector, battery level light, and a dang bright beam mode.

Iv always wanted to try the zebra or Fenix, but haven't cause this thing keeps kicking. Petzl e lite for a backup.

And it runs forever on AA batteries, same as my gps so I don't have to carry other batteries. And you can get AA anywhere.

TMan84

FNG
I have had bad luck with 2 black diamonds..both the old and new model ReVolt. Their customer service was great, which is why I got the new ReVolt - they replaced the old model for free with a new model reVolt.

Surefire is bulletproof when it comes to reliability, but very pricey and not the lightest option...I run nothing but Surefire for weapon lights.

I have never had my princeton tec headlamp fail me in about 10 years of owning it.

NDGuy

WKR
Man I am super town between a Zebra Light and the Fenix HL60R

I got and used two zebras. Not the greatest customer service experience, as in there appears to be no customer service. I will say, the lights are impressive. Only 3-4 trips in but so far, very good.

I will Post thoughts when I have a bit more use on them.

The fenix intrigues me. If I had one complaint about the zebras is that I gave up my red light that I had on the tikka they replaced. May have to get one and do the Pepsi challenge.