Headlamp

Wolfey

FNG
I got and used two zebras. Not the greatest customer service experience, as in there appears to be no customer service. I will say, the lights are impressive. Only 3-4 trips in but so far, very good.

I will Post thoughts when I have a bit more use on them.

The fenix intrigues me. If I had one complaint about the zebras is that I gave up my red light that I had on the tikka they replaced. May have to get one and do the Pepsi challenge.
Zebralight has a warranty/customer service contact on their website. I lost a pocket clip screw on one of my lights and they responded right away and sent me a few screws free of charge.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

DavePwns

WKR
I don't have it but the Fenix HL60R 950 lumens seems like an all around work horse for hunting

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I use a black diamond storm and love it. I also use princeton tech fuel and they work good for me too. Black diamond has the best customer service. They just sent me a black diamond revolt.

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone tried this Coast headlamp from Costco? Includes spot / flood light option, red light, and green light at a pretty low price.

Coast Head Lamp 2-pack

Yes I bought this brand and have been using it for whitetail hunting; especially the green light function. Haven't put it through the paces of extended use, but like it so far and for the price ( of 2 ) you can't beat it.

Last edited:
I bought a camofire headlamp a couple months ago and, so far using it for training hikes in the dark, after work, it appears to be a great deal. Been good on batteries too. Was using a Coast and a Princeton Tec. They are still good but, I like the camofire better. God Bless

Fullfan

WKR
I don't have it but the Fenix HL60R 950 lumens seems like an all around work horse for hunting

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I have two of them, great lil light. One is two years old and the other is new. Have not had a problem with them.

TFP

FNG
Some of my compadres and I have beat the crap out of a bunch of different petzl headlamps, and they have all been flawless. Surviving drops of 20-30', having batteries left in them until they exploded.

Just avoid the ones with reactive sensor that auto-dim. It always dims at the wrong times, in my experience.

dtrkyman

WKR
My zebra is back with them again...sent over a week ago and zero response from them...I had more help trouble shooting the light on another forum...there customer service is horrible...I have had a 100$ light for 2 years and it has been back for service more than I have used it...it may be a battery issue but it was their brand battery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
I have run a petzl actik core this year. So far I like it. The rechargeable battery is cool. You can also run AAA batteries. 3oz. 350 luminaries.

I am interested in the zebra light but was scared off a bit by the battery.

The 18650 Batteries are the bomb, I wouldnt be hesitant strictly due to the battery.

Last edited:

gelton

WKR
My zebra is back with them again...sent over a week ago and zero response from them...I had more help trouble shooting the light on another forum...there customer service is horrible...I have had a 100$ light for 2 years and it has been back for service more than I have used it...it may be a battery issue but it was their brand battery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is concerning and out of the ordinary IME. I have four of their lights and havent had a problem with any of them. (2) MKII - one spot and one flood, and one SC600 and one H52. I have also given away one MKII and one MKIII for Christmas and havent heard back of any malfunctions yet.

dtrkyman

WKR
This is concerning and out of the ordinary IME. I have four of their lights and havent had a problem with any of them. (2) MKII - one spot and one flood, and one SC600 and one H52. I have also given away one MKII and one MKIII for Christmas and havent heard back of any malfunctions yet.

Try contacting them, they do not even list a number, their site message system has not responded in the past several days, my light has been there for a week with zero response from them, only way I found their number was google maps, I put it in for directions and the number showed up on there.

Buyer beware on Zebra.

twall13

WKR
I've heard their customer service is lacking but I've never had problems with their products and I own 3 Zebralights at this point. My only customer service experience with them was when I contacted them via email asking about the possibility of purchasing a recently discontinued product. It took them a few days but they got back to me and actually gave me instructions on how to place my order so I would receive the discontinued product as a special order. Overall I came away satisfied with the experience, but I've heard other accounts of slow to no response when issues arise. Personally I would, and probably will, order another Zebralight in the future but I can also understand why some would be hesitant.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Just checked tracking, ups has made multiple attempts to deliver and has a status that the business was closed, hopefully someone will be there one day to actually accept the package, I now have 4 messages to them with no response, many phone calls with no way to leave a message.

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever had!!!

Zebralight H52W or the newer but more expensive H53W, either of these run on a single rechargeable AA battery

Key features I like, you can press button 4 times to give battery level indicator, which I find handy, you can program it to give you different levels of light depending on if you want more light or better battery life, 12 levels to choose from memory.

Also, being a single AA it is very easy to change battery in the dark which is very handy.

As discussed previously they have 18650 battery models (H600W) that are exceptional and I use both, the H600 is my normal use headlight and the AA version is my emergency backup.

I always recommend the W models as they are "neutral" white.

Hope that helps

Here you go (above). I would give the exact same advice. I have found my two models to be bulletproof and I love the ease of changing from low to medium to high power instantaneously. helps me to conserve battery life cause its so ease to bounce between strengths as needed.

Josey D

FNG
Anyone have trouble with T.S.A. with the 18650 batteries. My luck would be they would take it and light would be worthless when I unpack in the field.

twall13

WKR
Anyone have trouble with T.S.A. with the 18650 batteries. My luck would be they would take it and light would be worthless when I unpack in the field.
You shouldn't have any problems with TSA as long as you take it in your carry on luggage.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Phaseolus

WKR
I think the king of headlamps is the Lupine Piko 4. I admit that I use it mostly as a helmet light for night riding mountain bikes. It is very reliable and also expensive. I do use it for night fitness training hikes getting ready for hunting season too. It’s output ranges from 1800 lumens for up too 2 hours or 80 hours of use at 40 lumens. I have the red lense cap for mine.

Last edited:

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
What 18650 battery are you guys running? None of the ones I have tried in my Zebralights can handle the amperage draw on the high setting and kick it down to medium. I've been running Sure Fire CR123a instead and they are able to run it on high. Would prefer 18650 if I can find a good one.