raptor razor knife or tyto 1.1

ofl0926

WKR
Hey whats up everyone. hope everyone is doing well.
ive been looking at these two knives. it will be used for skinning and caping. Im not trying to count ounces. this will used at a farm that i sometimes hunt at with my pops. it has an area to hang deer. also, maybe one day used out west on a pack in style hunt

twall13

WKR
Those are two very different knives. I've never seen the Raptor Razor in person so I can't comment on that. I will say, if weight isn't an issue I'd likely stick with a full handle fixed blade personally. I love my Tyto but if I can pull my truck up to it I'm likely going to use my Benchmade Steep Country except for the detail work around the skull. If you want an exchangeable razor blade knife, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Tyto. If you don't care about the exchangeable blades, look at a beefier knife.

Personally, I like to have a combination of knives for different tasks so I'd probably end up with both... but then, I'm a gear junkie.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Those are two very different knives. I've never seen the Raptor Razor in person so I can't comment on that. I will say, if weight isn't an issue I'd likely stick with a full handle fixed blade personally. I love my Tyto but if I can pull my truck up to it I'm likely going to use my Benchmade Steep Country except for the detail work around the skull. If you want an exchangeable razor blade knife, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Tyto. If you don't care about the exchangeable blades, look at a beefier knife.

Personally, I like to have a combination of knives for different tasks so I'd probably end up with both... but then, I'm a gear junkie.

the raptor razor intrigues me. the design and concept good. just looking for some first hand experience. i dont mind the replaceable blades option.

i am gear junkie as well. i love have any multiple options for certain things, especially knives. i do have a KOA light hunter set and lone wolf mountain skinner. never hurts to have too many knives LOL:p

I have the Raptor Razor set, with 2 knives in it I will be listing soon in the classifieds.
New in Box.
If you are interested we could work something out.

I like the looks of them, but I already have the havalon and outdoor edge. I am a replaceable blade guy, just love them and used them exclusively for the last decade. The Raptor is too big for my back pack hunting.