Cheap Amazon Stove

I have one, but haven't fired it up. The pot holders are really small so I'm not sure they'll work well with my pot, plus I have what I consider to be the perfect low-cost solution: MSR Pocket Rocket combined with a Olicamp XTS pot. The only downside is that the silicon lid is a little on the heavy side, but one could probably rig up something lighter that would work.

OP
Coach529

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
The pot holders were a concern. The price is right.....might give it a shot and see how it works.

twall13

WKR
I've got a couple of them stashed around for emergencies (office, truck) but haven't spent alot of time using them. They seem to work nearly as well as my Optimus Crux lite stove (as far as heating water goes) but aren't as stable or as robustly built. For the price it's hard to beat but I wouldn't expect it to be as durable as most of the more well known stove brands out there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I got one off Amazon 2 years ago. Same price, orange, similar design. I think it's the first gen of these generic stoves. Anyways, works great for the price, no problems. I use with a piece of foil for a windscreen and to save fuel. Used on many backpacking trips here in CO and 2 full archery seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's pic of the one I have. Found with the foil it boils faster.
c5487f220bca5579674345c20ff19358.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
Some nameless slug stole my Jetboil, which I really enjoyed using. In my anger, I didn't want to drop the cash on another, so I got a cheap chiner stove that looks exactly like this one. I have used the ever loving daylights out of that stove. I pair it with a titanium mug. Lots and lots of coffee and tea made with this cheapo stove, and in rough conditions. It can come loose and get a bit janky over time, but you can hand tighten it back up just fine. If you start getting a weak flow of fuel, make sure the stove itself is tightened up, not just to the fuel canister. I haven't made any meals, only boiled water, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. You can't beat the price, and the size and weight are hard to argue against.

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using that same one for three years now haven't had a problem with it. It's a cheap alternative to try out.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

530Chukar

WKR
I bought the same one 3 years ago and probably threw it away six months later. I would say it worked fine near sea level under warm temperatures. But it did fail me on a mountaineering trip near 12,000 ft and below freezing. It would not burn continuously. Luckily the others that I was with had jetboils that were working fine. I tried the stove again when I returned home and it worked fine. I prefer to not keep something if it is unreliable.

Worked fine for me at 9000+ feet, below freezing. Make sure you get a fuel blend for your conditions. The only problem I had was getting it to light after it had been out in a shower. Once it was blown out, it worked fine again. Also using with the Olicamp XTS.

ianpadron

WKR
Amazon.com : Etekcity Ultralight Portable Outdoor Backpacking Camping Stoves with Piezo Ignition (Orange) : Sports & Outdoors

This stove popped up when I was shopping for a Jetboil. Priced right.....nice and small.

Anybody use it? Long term review.

Gets great reviews everywhere I have found....

I've had one for 3 years now and use the piss out of it. The igniter is flimsy and doesn't work anymore but I just use a BIC to light er up. Only other thing that sucks about it is that it takes longer than an MSR or Jetboil to warm things up because it is open to the wind.

But, it's smaller and lighter than anything on the market and is CHEAP.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Paid 5 bucks for mine, shipped directly from china. Definitely not as good as msr or another name brand but I use it as a beater or second stove. Not worried to loan it out either.