Quite Chest Rig

jaredgreen

Lil-Rokslider
I’m currently running the AGC Kodiak CUB, and love it, except that it’s noisier than I’d like, both taking the binos out, and the outer material. Any recommendations for a rig that has some extra pockets for survival gear, and is quiet as possible putting glasses in and out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWinVA

WKR
I’m currently using the Outdoor Vision Ridgetop. It is made of a more quiet material compared to the AGC I just sold. It doesn’t have as many pockets which may be an issue if you like to carry more stuff. They both are great bono harnesses but for my current use with my stickbow the OV is ideal. They are currently running a Black Friday deal.

God Bless.

I have the AGC hybrid and its very quiet... I also have the fhf, and prefer the AGC for rifle season and FHF for archery season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
My AGC squeaked when I pulled my binos in and out because my binos were too big for that model, got the right size and no more squeak. Other than that I haven't noticed any noise issues, if the animal is close enough to hear I don't need binos

My AGC squeaked when I pulled my binos in and out because my binos were too big for that model, got the right size and no more squeak. Other than that I haven't noticed any noise issues, if the animal is close enough to hear I don't need binos

HAHAHA this is so true.
I have had several bino series and they all work good and I hate something about each out. But noise hasn't been an issue for me yet.
But I just got the Badlands new one and we will see if the RF coming in and out becomes a noise issue.
I am half deaf and don't hear most of the noise I make any way- so I play the wind more than the noise games

Mtnboy

WKR
Oregon Pack Works Bino Bro

The pro model has a little bit of extra storage.

I've been using mine for years, I think it's an awesome set up but I rarely see it mentioned here.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jmw22

FNG
Oregon Pack Works Bino Bro

The pro model has a little bit of extra storage.

I've been using mine for years, I think it's an awesome set up but I rarely see it mentioned here.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

+1!
I've got the original and it's been a great low-profile and quiet set up.

I run an actually chest rig, designed for tactical applications made by spiritus systems. It has two “pockets” that are Velcro lined for adding their inserts, but I use the one for my binos and it works fine. Fairly quiet. There aren’t any bino retention straps, but a crafty fellow could make some. I recently picked up their SACK (sub abdominal carrying kit) and it rides just below the rig allowing me to carry some more goods. I put a hat and gloves, range finder, wind checker, calls and a Small first aid kit in there. Might not work for everyone, but it works for me.

frankrb3

WKR

Mine did the same thing, so I put a couple of strips of electrical tape down the outer side of both binocular barrels running the length of the barrels. I didn't wan't to get a larger bino harness and the tape did the trick. As far as the cordura material on the outside I haven't found it to be too noisey personally.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the HPG kit bags but I believe Bison Gear make a similar bag in wool. I think it would be about as quiet a set up as possible but not sure it would fit your needs. I am going to call and ask Angelo about a wool kit bag to see if they can still do one.

I’ve called and left a few messages and emails for Angelo. Last I heard, Bison gear had shut down, but I haven’t been able to confirm that.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve called and left a few messages and emails for Angelo. Last I heard, Bison gear had shut down, but I haven’t been able to confirm that.

Not to hijack the thread from OP but I think Bison Gear is moving and temporarily shut down. At least I hope so.