Gear deals too good to pass

So was Black Friday good to you or a day you will remember as perhaps not your best financial test of self control?
Sure we saved 100's of $$$$
Sure we got deals we cant get from some places except on this day.
Sure we filled those small cracks in our gear list we wanted but just didn't need, but some how talked ourselves into actually needing them.

Now some have a pair of under wear they really don't need. Please don't tell us you saved $$ and bought them used- please, don't, please !!!

Now we have a shirt , pants and jacket for every temp in increments of 10 degrees, from 30 degrees to 90.
- We can now plan a hunt in Hawaii and the North Pole and be set to go.

We now have a boot for spring training, spring hunting, late spring snow fall, summer hunts, scouting trips, fall hunts when its summer temps, fall hunts when its normal temps and fall hunts when its winter too early. We have side hilling boots, trail boots, river crossing boots, and cruising town boots, winter boots for low snow, shallow snow and no snow.

Now my sarcasm may not fit you to the tee, but I bet we all picked up things like our wives pick up shoes when on sale.
Are we no better than them at a Best Buy, Walmart, Dillards or Toys R Us?
Have we become victims of great Marketing strategies? Are we convincing ourselves how "frugal" we now are.

Yep I saved a lot of money by spending a lot of money.
I remember having this same conversation with my wife on this same exact scenario 3 decades ago.

In all seriousness, I had a ball, got stuff I did want, did need, and saved a bunch on the trip.
I really need to shop one day a year and I would probably come out further ahead when I resell them for the next new thing I cant live with out. My loss would be minimized.

Again, in all seriousness, Thx to all the great stores for this day of great sales, especially the ones who support Rokslide.

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
So was Black Friday good to you or a day you will remember as perhaps not your best financial test of self control?

I always hunt on Black Friday so I can save some coin! I do need a few different things....did I say need I meant want

I did not buy anything. Really nothing I needed. I wear the same pants from 30 to 90 degrees.

My wife did get a rain check on a pre Black Friday sale for a gun safe though.

bowhunter15

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Warbonnet hammock and EE down quilt. Had been specifically waiting for black Friday. It took some constraint not to buy them earlier in the season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
I picked up a Warbonnet hammock and EE down quilt. Had been specifically waiting for black Friday. It took some constraint not to buy them earlier in the season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I currently do not possess your constraint abilities
I love to buy gear and test it and implement it into my scenarios. I have a stock pile of gear like many hoarders have empty cans of coffee laying around. I mean , like, 200 or so.

OP
mfllood3800
I am currently waiting on a 7 arrow tight spot quiver, Front/Back bar stabilizer, all for my back up bow,(It desperately needed the love), Pirahna Zion pants, Sawtooth jacket, BeFree fluid pan head, a set of Crispi boots and a bore guide for my 300 RUM. I saved around $250 total.

I had a lot more in my cart at several different locations, just couldn't pull the trigger on them.

Most of the gear I test is cheaper stuff I think I can modify or use in specific applications.
Black Friday I the day I get what I really did need, just never added it.

I was really looking for some deals, but just didn't see anything that was an upgrade over what I already have. Been trying to simplify my kits to basic, really good quality gear, that is set up to grab and go. If it doesn't fill a void or is not a big improvement I have been able to pass.....so far. I am a recovering gear addict.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Picked up Thompson Center Compass 308 for $254 and $75 rebate so $180 after rebate. Couldnt pass on it. I picked up a VX 1 for $100 from ebay so not bad a $320 gun with talley rings on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
mfllood3800
Picked up Thompson Center Compass 308 for $254 and $75 rebate so $180 after rebate. Couldnt pass on it. I picked up a VX 1 for $100 from ebay so not bad a $320 gun with talley rings on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's what I'm talking about. I have a T/C muzzle Loader and love their stuff

KBC

WKR
I bought a tight spot quiver. I've been waiting awhile for it to go on sale and it should be a definite upgrade over my back pocket. There are a few other things I want but I've been stockpiling cash for a bit to take advantage of guys hopefully selling off the stuff they just replaced ;)

OP
mfllood3800
I did not buy anything. Really nothing I needed. I wear the same pants from 30 to 90 degrees.

My wife did get a rain check on a pre Black Friday sale for a gun safe though.

That's something I could never talk myself into getting. I really wish I had one, just too much $$$.
I hoped to win one at the SWF banquets, but never did.
I have a nice gun cabinet with double glass doors I got locally on a facebook for sale type page for super cheap. But it is finally loaded with guns so if I get another, Ill need something bigger and perhaps that's when Ill get one

OP
mfllood3800
I was really looking for some deals, but just didn't see anything that was an upgrade over what I already have. Been trying to simplify my kits to basic, really good quality gear, that is set up to grab and go. If it doesn't fill a void or is not a big improvement I have been able to pass.....so far. I am a recovering gear addict.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep I have sold a lot of my older stuff and upgraded a lot too.
Getting much more specific in my wants/needs

OP
mfllood3800
I bought a tight spot quiver. I've been waiting awhile for it to go on sale and it should be a definite upgrade over my back pocket. There are a few other things I want but I've been stockpiling cash for a bit to take advantage of guys hopefully selling off the stuff they just replaced ;)

HaHa I got one too. $115 at Lancaster
Your back pocket for real ?
That's not an upgrade that's a complete turn around
lol

I'm one of those guys who will be having an online yard sale pretty quick
- all back country wilderness type gear, archery, rifle, camping, survival etc
keep an eye out
;)