New sleeping pad advice

Marshmstr

Lil-Rokslider
Alrighty roksliders, my good ole trusty Big Agnes insulated air core pad bit the dust, I️ spent a week in Montana with a deflated air mattress (couldn’t plug/find all the holes). I️ was forced to put any spare clothes I️ had under sleeping bag ....it sucked compared to 2.5” of air.

So.......give me suggestions on new pad...prefer a pad that takes less breaths to inflate than the dual air core yet still insulated and around 2”. I️ started looking at new pads and they have so many options now it’s crazy.

Thanks,

Troy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owenst7

WKR
I like my XTherm a lot. It's the right mix between comfort and lightweight for me. It's very warm with an R value of 5.7. The crinkling is not much of an issue for me when it's properly inflated.

I find the shape of the chambers on Klymit pads very comfortable. I have an uninsulated Static V that I like a lot. I wouldn't hesitate to use an insulated version if I were saving money or less concerned about weight. Mine is not the lightweight version, and it's held up very well to floorless shelter use here in the NV. I will probably carry it more often than my XLite since I don't worry about weight as much in the summer and I think it's more comfortable. It works pretty well in my hammock also.

I like my XTherm a lot. It's the right mix between comfort and lightweight for me. It's very warm with an R value of 5.7. The crinkling is not much of an issue for me when it's properly inflated.

I find the shape of the chambers on Klymit pads very comfortable. I have an uninsulated Static V that I like a lot. I wouldn't hesitate to use an insulated version if I were saving money or less concerned about weight. Mine is not the lightweight version, and it's held up very well to floorless shelter use here in the NV. I will probably carry it more often than my XLite since I don't worry about weight as much in the summer and I think it's more comfortable. It works pretty well in my hammock also.
Klymit v luxe

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
I vote for Sea to Summit's line of insulated pads. I have both ComfortPlus insulated and uninsulated. And a friend has the ComfortLite Insulated.

I spent an entire summer living out of a backpack and went from a Big Agnes, to an Exped, to a Sea to Summit. They may be a bit heavier (oz) than some others, but I think there is something within their lineup that will suit you. Ive slept on the insulated ComfortPlus in single digit temps with a 0* enlightened equipment quilt and was toasty. I don't like the ThermaRest's valve, and I don't like/prefer the chambers of an Exped...Plus I popped two baffles just sitting up on an Exped one time and it left me without a pad for a week and I won't ever do that again. The SS valve is bombproof and their baffling system won't allow for a giant baffle to form if it pops.

Jimbo V

WKR
Happy with the xtherm, warm comfortable and light. Checks the box for me.

Hall256

WKR
XTherm for me as well...as other have mentioned, the noise/crinkeling is not that big of an issue when fully inflated...or I have been just too tired to notice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Graves14

WKR
Sea to summit comfort plus! That thing is magic and it has 2 chambers so even if one pops you never end up on the ground. Cabelas has had them on sale a lot recently.

Blandry

WKR
I've been looking hard at the thermarest xtherm. The crinkling noise reports are keeping me from pulling the trigger on one. I hear that subsides with use. I'm still using my 10 year old (with several patches) xped downmat 9 dlx. Looking to go lighter but it will be hard to beat the comfort and insulation of my downmat.

I've been looking hard at the thermarest xtherm. The crinkling noise reports are keeping me from pulling the trigger on one. I hear that subsides with use. I'm still using my 10 year old (with several patches) xped downmat 9 dlx. Looking to go lighter but it will be hard to beat the comfort and insulation of my downmat.

Just do it! Blow that sucker up firm and you shouldn’t have any noise issues. Guaranteed you won’t miss the xped and you definitely won’t miss the weight difference.

I really don't get the noise complaints. I have 2 Xtherms and don't notice any noise.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Another vote here for the Xtherm. Hard to beat for weight to warmth ratio. I have been eyeing one of those Klymit Static V luxe insulated pads though...30" wide, with a quilt...man, that would have to be nice.

Exped synmat, and get the schozzel pump bag. The pump bag makes a good organisation sack, and you dont need to blow up the pad, just roll the bag 3-4 times.

The pad is quiet, light, packs very small. Such a good purchase.

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
REI Flash, 18 oz., R value of 3.7 and half the price of an Xtherm. My older model is actually 2 oz. lighter than the new one. The Xped schnozzel inflation bag fits the REI Flash as well and is awesome. Xped's lightweight insulated pad would be my second choice, it just costs a lot more.