2018 Kuiu Bino Harness?

I like my old Kuiu Bino harness but it’s lacking some features I’d like to have. Most notably, a range finder holder. I noticed that the Kuiu website has a “updated for 2018” model but very little info in the description; and every review I found was from last spring, or earlier. Anyone know what the new upgrades are or whether this is the same harness that’s been available for the past 6 months?

Binocular Harness - Binocular Chest Harness | KUIU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Kuiu makes a range finder pouch that attaches to their bins harness, they also just came out with a thing that carries like 6 bullets on the bottom of the harness. Im not sure if the 2018 update had attachments for those but I was wondering the same thing.

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
As far as I could tell, the only difference is the velcro on the bottom so you can attach the rangefinder holder or ammo holder on the bottom. I really like my old Kuiu bino harness but I'm thinking of getting the rangefinder holder that mounts on the side. Ok, here is what it says for updates on the site: "2018 updates include spacer mesh in contact areas, reinforcement panels, and hook-and-loop accessory compatibility." I guess if you like the ammo holder idea, you could put that on the bottom and still have a rangefinder holder by using the non-HL one that mounts on the side/straps

Get the rangefinder pouch that doesn’t have “HL” in the name for hook and loop aka Velcro. I ran the FHF rangefinder pouch on my kuiu harness for 3 years the the kuiu rangefinder pouch this year was perfect fixed every issue I had with the fhf.

mtnkid85

WKR
Watch the first video on the product page, if you have the older harness you'll see the differences. I think its mostly the velcro bottom for attachments and the more breathable fabric against your body.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Watch the first video on the product page, if you have the older harness you'll see the differences. I think its mostly the velcro bottom for attachments and the more breathable fabric against your body.

The lid is redesigned. It stays open when the binos are out. So they go back in with one hand.

Blandry

WKR
The lid is redesigned. It stays open when the binos are out. So they go back in with one hand.

The old one has this bungee lid you had to pull over and off the binos. That's why I mainly just use my rick young with a rain cover.

MUOiXkB.jpg