doesnt look good for my holiday stocking stuffer :(

boom

WKR
i asked my wife for the Garmin Fenix 5x. i'm taking the maniacal laughter she offered as a response as a bad thing.

maybe i can parlay my "big ask"and roll it back to a Savage .22 rifle. mahuuahhhaaa..

That's not a stocking stuffer dude, that's an "under the Tree gift"
LOL

I told my wife, just got to our Amazon page and in the cart is all I want.
Fenix 5x Sapphire, Sony DSLR camera, new gravity works filter set up, quick connects, therma rest Z lite folding pad.

She said that's way too much. I thought so too.
:)

OP
B

boom

WKR
That's not a stocking stuffer dude, that's an "under the Tree gift"
LOL

I told my wife, just got to our Amazon page and in the cart is all I want.
Fenix 5x Sapphire, Sony DSLR camera, new gravity works filter set up, quick connects, therma rest Z lite folding pad.

She said that's way too much. I thought so too.
:)

haha..yea. i guess so.

i've been upping my husband game to the upper limits. haha..desperate times..................

haha..yea. i guess so.

i've been upping my husband game to the upper limits. haha..desperate times..................

And remember what ever you get him, you have a legal right to try it out for yourself.
;)

colonel00

WKR
I love my Fenix 5x but yeah, it's a pretty substantial gift item. Now, what you could do is just buy the watch yourself and ask for some accessories as gift ideas. I bought my 5x with the metal band included (I get a discount so the purchase didn't sting as much) but you can buy it after the fact for like $150 or so. There are also a ton of aftermarket bands available. I have several colors of the bands linked below that work great for $10 a pop.

Amazon.com : Coohole New Replacement Silicagel Quick Install Band Strap For Garmin Fenix 5X GPS Watch (Dark Blue) : Sports & Outdoors

Now, one "downside" to consider is once you have a Garmin, you might have to get her one as well so you can be "buddies" in step challenges and all of that stuff. My wife will probably be getting the Vivoactive 3 for Christmas.

One other thing to mention, if you aren't in a huge hurry, you might wait a little further into spring. I believe the CES show is in January and that's when companies release all of their new toys. I can't remember if there is a new watch slated for this year or not since the Fenix 5 just came out last year. But, they may have an improved version, as opposed to a completely new version, much like they did with the Fenix 3 and 3HR. Some speculate that the new version may have NFC for wireless payments and maybe onboard music.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The other day my wife told me that she already got "her gift", so go ahead and get whatever I want for myself. Hmmmmm......I already ordered a new string set for the bow and some more Superfeet Orange insoles, but I don't think I'll be getting anything else. Can't think of anything else. I'm trying to get rid of stuff, not get more of it.

colonel00

WKR
I thought I already saw the fenix with payment options? It was a $1500 watch ?
Nah, I don't think any of them cost that much but I could be wrong. The 5x with metal band retails for $850 I think and it's the most expensive I think. The Vivoactive 3 has a touch screen and wireless payments and goes for around $250-275

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
Heh, I'd seen that one but never really looked at it or the price. That's crazy expensive. Seems to basically be a 5x with a fancier case and band.

Dameon

WKR
As a condition of elk hunting last year and next year, I promised my wife a cruise. I just booked it. After that, the new rangefinder, First Lite gear, and bow accessories I bought for myself don't even bother her. I think Swaro SLC 10x42's might be pushing it though.

OP
B

boom

WKR
As a condition of elk hunting last year and next year, I promised my wife a cruise. I just booked it. After that, the new rangefinder, First Lite gear, and bow accessories I bought for myself don't even bother her. I think Swaro SLC 10x42's might be pushing it though.

shrewd business man!! nice.

i booked a trip to Machu Picchu. my wife bought me some firstlite merino "in case it gets cold". haha..

i will NEED to know what time it is over there wont i?

shrewd business man!! nice.

i booked a trip to Machu Picchu. my wife bought me some firstlite merino "in case it gets cold". haha..

i will NEED to know what time it is over there wont i?

I went to Peru on a mountaineering trip but figured I better visit Machu Picchu. It was mind blowing. Enjoy.

OP
B

boom

WKR
I went to Peru on a mountaineering trip but figured I better visit Machu Picchu. It was mind blowing. Enjoy.

i'm gonna hike it..hope it isnt HEART blowing :) nevertheless, i'll NEEEEED a HR monitor..right?