LED Lantern

Can anyone recommend a good LED lantern? This would be used in a Cimarron shelter, or a a mini wall tent, or just around camp. It would be mostly for horsepacking but could also be used backpacking. Thanks

oldgoat

WKR
We use the crap out of our Luci Lights. Solar charged, take up very little room. Set them out in the morning where they get good sun and they will give you great light all evening with plenty of battery for getting ready in the morning!

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
If you are talking truck camp or horse I love my Milwaukee lantern that uses my drill batteries. Just got home from a cold 4 night out and still on first battery. Really lights a tent even on medium setting. I assume Dewalt has them also if yellow is your color.

twall13

WKR
I also like the Luci lights. It's surprising how well they work for the size/weight/price. They are completely water tight as well so that's one less thing to worry about.

I have been using this little guy from Harbor Freight- one of the gadgets right where you check out- I paid like $4

harbor freight led mini light - Bing
I used it several times this season, one time was 4 hrs cutting up a bull in the rain.
It is still going strong.

boom

WKR
i think mine is a Black Diamond. pretty bright. i havent taken it camping yet because it NEVER makes the cut, when i'm counting ounces.

but during our recent 10 day blackout, it was a god-send. that thing never wavered.

Erict

WKR
FYI - sale on Luci

lethouel

FNG
The LED lantern I used for travelling was ultra-bright and collapsible. I ordered it from thegrommet.com. Now I can say that it is pretty small but bright enough. So it is super convenient for you when you travel and you need to carry many things together. Three batteries provide hours of extremely bright light, the pull-out/push-in operation works great, and has the hidden benefit of being usable as a dimmer. I have already said that it is very bright, but if you need less light, just pull it halfway open. To add more, you can wrap your hand around half of it to create more of a directional lamp or flashlight- nice when people in nearby tents are sleeping. Definitely a good choice when it comes to camping or travelling.

Last edited:

xcutter

WKR
I'm really impressed with my Harbor Freight LED lantern. Works awesome especially when you put some quality batteries in it. Hard to beat for $5.

CJinGA

FNG
I'm really impressed with my Harbor Freight LED lantern. Works awesome especially when you put some quality batteries in it. Hard to beat for $5.

How has it held up? I picked up 4 of them yesterday for our 14x16 wall tent.