How to store at home?

hi2u

FNG
Curious on how everyone stores their stuff.
I left all my thermals in my back folded up. Everything else is either in storage totes or my closet. I don't like it, and thought I'd bring it up incAse anyone has an amazing storage idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ks.snow

FNG
most of my gear goes in totes, but my clothes and sleeping bag I hang in a spare closet. I'd say as long as your bag is left uncompressed don't worry too much about it. Could also look into something like the bronc box.

oldgoat

WKR
Take all your gear and pile it up on a small explosive in your basement, set off the explosive and you will get an idea how I store mine. I'm a mess!

Hung up year round in my garage.
But I have hunts that start in Jan, then scouting in May-July. Hunts again from Aug all the way to end of Dec, start all over again in Jan. My clothes get 3 months rest so they just hang up.

blkqi

WKR
I keep everything together in totes. That way if I decide to head out unplanned I don't have to think about packing.

Yep, totes for my hard gear and small stuff. Shelters and bags get put in an oversized mesh bag, uncompressed, and hung up in a gear closet. Essentially nothing is compressed but totes keep everything manageable and handy.

Dameon

WKR
I have a spare bedroom closet that is dedicated to all my hunting gear. I have an extra wardrobe closet kind of thing that I store my miscellaneous gear in. Within those, there is no semblance of organization. I only have a vague idea of where my all my stuff is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built drawers under the bed in my guest room. That accommodates most things, the rest goes in the closet in that room or some stuff in the garage. I keep accumulating stuff though. Need to start thinking about building storage under the master bed.

tttoadman

WKR
I have a room dedicated just for my stuff. All sleeping pads are inflated and stood up. All the sleeping bags are hung up. All my jackets are hung up. I have a wood clothes rack so I can air dry anything wet after an outing. It is really nice to have a large area to throw gear that is off limits to critters. All my food is racked on shelves. One pack is setup with my rock bags for training. The other one is setup for a quick weekend escape.

I store some of my gear in Action Packers in the garage. Most of my hunting clothing and some gear is kept in a spare bedroom in a standing wardrobe I found online. My goal is to build some floor to ceiling built ins to really organize everything. For much of the year most of the gear moves from pile to pile in the garage depending on season...turkey, scouting, archery elk, muzzleloader deer, late season, etc.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Got a few totes but most of my gear goes in this Hutch that I picked up at the Restore for dirt cheap. Lots of organization and it holds everything but my Bow and packs. The packs store in a tote.

JPu9ZtY.jpg

This will be one of those items that I will have the rest of my life. Its such a nice hunting gear organizer. =)

Dobermann

WKR
SHTF - that's beautiful! I'm jealous ...

hi2u - Ryan and Tanya did a quick video on their closet and how they arrange things ... might have some useful ideas for you!

OP
H

hi2u

FNG
SHTF - that's beautiful! I'm jealous ...

hi2u - Ryan and Tanya did a quick video on their closet and how they arrange things ... might have some useful ideas for you!

You happen to know where thats at? I went through their posts, but couldn't find it. Was it a post they created?

OP
H

hi2u

FNG
Thanks! i do like that. I might buy a similar setup and go that route.

I realize I'm late to the party, but I finally had time to take pictures and make the post. I know the room isn't super clean right now, but it is what it is right now. This is my "hunting" room.

Entrance
LKuBCok.jpg

Looking right. Got some new shelves that I don't know what to do with yet.
ljoyQgO.jpg

My desk where I do all of my research and my bin for all my NAT GEO maps.
KSMIFOA.jpg

Shelving system for Big Game Brochures, magazines, and books.
lIDtWob.jpg

Bow, bow case, and arrow case. I can shoot up to 40 yards in my backyard.
MUk48ZS.jpg

Looking left from the entrance.
WLhNtgC.jpg

Table to organize gear or work on gear.
j67PlCf.jpg

Hanger for my backpack and gear bag.
C9vLiw3.jpg

Initial look into the "hunting" closet. All gear laid out and slightly organized. All clothes on hangers.
dbX281c.jpg

I like my setup. It keeps my gear and clothes organized and easily accessible. Boots are on the floor along with all dry bags as well.