Not happy with Canyon Coolers

OP
S
In all seriousness, any half decent company would’ve handled it whether or not you filed a return request through amazon. It would t have taken any more effort than their passive aggressive response. They won’t be getting business from me.

That's been my experience up until this point.

I was able to return the cooler (through Amazon) but still have to get a cooler.

The messed up part is that I REALLY wanted a Canyon. All they had to do was say "We tore up the return. We'll honor our warranty" and I would have been tickled (Amazon clearly gave them that option; there was no agreement between Canyon/Amazon). I'm sure they make a great product, but they sent me a lousy cooler. It was their choices that are making me spend money elsewhere.

twall13

WKR
Not speaking for the OP, but I personally went with the Canyon over the Yeti because the price was better and I like flush latches on the Canyon better than the Yeti rubber latches. After reading the cooler shootout review on Rokslide it sounded like the Canyon coolers were the best value of the Roto Molded coolers on the market that had all the features I was looking for. I've been very happy with my decision. Price being equal, I'd probably take an Orion over anything else out there, but the prices aren't equal...

dotman

WKR
I’ve been very happy with the quality of my Canyon Cooler, I’d take it over a Yeti any day.

Mosby

WKR
FWIW if you are still looking for new coolers. I just bought two Orca 75 qt coolers from Walmart online w/free shipping. They are selling for $257 and I got another 5% back through Ebates. I thought that was a decent price for the size. First time buyer of Orca but they have some outstanding reviews and I need some better coolers for meat.

Cooler Wars! There are so many great coolers and accessories being made...it's crazy. I'm always amazed at how vigorous the discussions on them can get. I've got about a dozen YETI products including 3 coolers and I'm delighted with all of their gear. I don't doubt I'd be happy with many other brands, too. I'm drinking my morning coffee from a new 14 oz YETI cup these days.

Anyway...everyone should buy what they like and get outside.