Buck Knives Warranty A+

AGPank

WKR
When I was a young hunter, maybe 10-13 years old (yes, around 30 years ago) the ranch owner I knew gave me a Buck model 106 hatchet. It was similar to this one pictured.

18bfe10ed2ce31aec59888bbda79ee59.jpg

I rarely used it, it was too short and light to be an effective tool. I kept it for all this time mainly for the sentimental value and I’m a pack rat. Well years ago I noticed the hatchet appeared to have a crack in the tang of the handle.

I finally decided to send the hatchet back to Buck to see if the break would be covers on warranty. I received an email on Monday saying the the hatchet could not be repaired and they were going to send a replacement. Yesterday a new Buck Compadre Axe arrived.

743f45fe997dca8477dd72d3c3023cc4.jpg

This appears to be a superior constructed hatchet. I also realized that I don’t need sentimental attachment to a broken object. That rancher would be happy knowing I got a brand new hatchet in exchange for an old broken one.

I’m very pleased with Bucks no questions asks coverage for their lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
Looks like a sweet little hatchet, did they include a sheath of any kind for it?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
they have a GREAT warranty!!

my coworker found a knife on a jobsite. about .75" of the tip was broken off. he was about to toss it and i said i would take it. this was a folder...the smaller Buck 112. i got an email stating they would change the blade for $10. i got that crusty knife back; it was stunning. all polished and cleaned. get this..i got the knife back, without any discussion about that $10..the return invoice had no billing. no address, no phone number to call to pay. and i already got the knife back!! i went to GREAT lengths to chase down a Buck employee to pay. the lady confessed that not many people call back to pay..i paid her over the phone by CC.

i love that knife.it honed up like a razor. it's smaller than the ubiquitous (and huge) Buck 110.

OP
A

AGPank

WKR
Yes, it came with a leather sheath that is slim and covers the blade. It has a D ring, but not a belt loop.

It’s a 5160 steel, which should be appropriate for its intended use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good American company that still makes MOST of its products here in the USA. I have a couple Buck knives and they are very nice. I have the 110 and the 55. The 55 is a good solid lock-back pocket knife that is slim and very handy to have. Thanks Buck for standing behind your products and for making it here in the USA.