Petzl E light Red light capability

rbljack

WKR
I currently run a two headlamp system. First one is the zebralight H52 in white. My second headlamp is the zebralight 600 series, which I save for back up/blood tracking, or times when I need the additional brightness. The problem is that I don't have a red or green light option.

If the petzl e lite red LED is bright enough to hike in with, I may go that route. My other option is to switch out the H52 and get a zerbralight with the RED led instead of the white, and keep my 600. Intensity on that is Low/Med/High, so I can save battery life if I still with the low setting. Option 3 is to simply get the h52 series in a red, and I can switch out the red and light flashlights as needed because they use the same headlight band...decisions decisions...LOL.

Looking for inputs to see what yall think about that tiny elite. Is the red LED bright enough to hike with?

Last edited:

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
I think you might be able to hike with it but its not very bright. At least the ones I have. I think its much better for inside your tent or something like that.

Aaron

blackdawg

WKR
My two primary lights died first day of one trip this fall, was forced to run e-light for a week, did a fair job on white, these old eyes could not navigate with the red. It did and does its duty for me as backup emergency light only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk