broken sporks

530Chukar

WKR
Had the same issue with the litemyfire sporks. for $11.99 on amazon you can get a long handled TI spork that will do what you need.

Hate sporks, handle is too short to do a decent job in a mt house package. Give me a long handled spoon anyday.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not a big fan of the sports either. DWArcher and I hunted this year and he was using a long handled wooden spork that was super light weight but plenty strong. I may go that route this year. The long handled Sea to Summit ti spork has a weird metal taste, so I am not a fan of that one either.

colonel00

WKR
Hate sporks, handle is too short to do a decent job in a mt house package. Give me a long handled spoon anyday.

I agree. I don't know why I keep buying sporks. I can't actually remember ever actually using the prongs to "fork" anything.

Been using a regular LW aluminum spoon for years. Don’t miss the tines on a spork at all. If you eat MH, the long handled ones are the ticket. No real weight diff between the Al and Ti, so can’t think why I’d spring for Ti although they are nice if you have one.

Broke a few plastic ones before I got off that train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has anybody tried just using a long handled (9” or so) coffee or iced tea stiring spoon? They would be really affordable. Never tried it personally and just curious if anybody had. I know they aren’t titanium or aluminum, but they can’t be too heavy. And heaven forbid they aren’t designed for specific for backpacking and ridiculously priced.

OP
rayporter

rayporter

WKR
yes I have carried the long handled plastic spoons in the past.

but how the heck do you fry up and eat tenderloins, backstrap, turkey, or squirrel with a spoon?

when I hunt I intend to eat MEAT.

Owenst7

WKR

Curious what you think of those. They've been on my Amazon list for a while now.

I've had the LMF sporks break the first time I used them. I think they get super brittle around freezing or something. They are junk. I just bought some of the cheapest dollar store knife/fork/spoons I could find and they are thin enough to be pretty light. It really sucks when you're a couple days from your truck and your fork/spoon snaps at the base of the handle.

I also had the tines melt away on one of those Light My Fire sporks while frying a tenderloin in oil on my alcohol stove (a swedish-made one even!), which can barely boil water. They can't handle mild cold and they can't handle minimal heat. Junk is an understatement.

OP
rayporter

rayporter

WKR
they are almost the same size as a lightmyfire spork except they are stainless. I like them. weight??? who knows, under a pound for sure.

add a small spatula and I am good to go.