Favorite brand of Freeze Dried meals??

Squirrels

WKR
Anybody who has tried both Heathers Choice breakfast and Off Grid breakfast have some info. I tried the HC breakfast last year and couldn't stomach more than a bite or two, I thought they were awful tasting. Also discussing Off Grid, what about the cold breakfast vs the hot ones?

Anybody who has tried both Heathers Choice breakfast and Off Grid breakfast have some info. I tried the HC breakfast last year and couldn't stomach more than a bite or two, I thought they were awful tasting. Also discussing Off Grid, what about the cold breakfast vs the hot ones?

Way different.

Off grid’s two options are; more of an oatmeal and the other option is more of a granola w/powdered milk.

My two favorite breakfast is the rise and grind and MH blueberry cereal

NDGuy

WKR
Way different.

Off grid’s two options are; more of an oatmeal and the other option is more of a granola w/powdered milk.

Do they do promo codes ever? I want to try a bunch of stuff to figure out what I like. Even a free shipping code would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Way different.

Do you know if their fuel bars are essentially packaroons? Seem like a coconut based bar like Heather’s choice.

Napperm4

WKR

Have you considered making your own?

Breakfasts are the easiest meals to do and I can’t stand any brands pre packaged offerings.

My personal choice is a honey almond granola with added almonds, raisins or other dried fruit, shredded coconut and a couple tbsp of nido.

Just add some cold water in the morning and off I go. I pack about 2 cups of the cereal mix and it gets me 650 calories with the milk. Cost is about $1/meal. If I’m adventurous I add in a bagel with peanut butter and honey to mix it up or stuff myself.

I’m 6’ and 220lbs so not the smallest guy out there and this keeps me running till snack time.

jdk81

FNG
Is there a date on Humble Foods release? I've been patiently waiting!

AdamW

WKR
Is there a date on Humble Foods release? I've been patiently waiting!

Same! I think the only thing worse than knowing nothing and seeing nothing is if they come out with a very limited product line that doesn't include entrees/dinners at the time of release. :D Really looking forward to what they come up with.

2 years ago I did mostly Hawk Vittles and they were pretty darn good. I did the single servings and struggled to finish them in the evening after a day of hunting.

I think to date of all the meals I've eaten Heather's Choice sockeye salmon chowder has been my favorite. I'd have never guessed I'd like it. Her meals are definitely palate dependent like a lot of foods. If you had a MH beef stroganoff within 20 yards of me I'd probably yack.

Nothing beats making your own. a favorite of mine is:

Steamed spaghetti squash, shredded
Ground venison
Jar of red sauce of your choice
Lotta garlic
Lotta onions
Crushed red pepper
Chopped mushrooms
Chopped red/green bell pepper
Packets of parm cheese for later
Bottle of olive oil for later (covers multiple meals)

Dehydrate on meat setting/165F until done, crunch it up and bag or seal it. You'll slap your momma.

Last edited:

Squirrels

WKR
Have you considered making your own?

Breakfasts are the easiest meals to do and I can’t stand any brands pre packaged offerings.

My personal choice is a honey almond granola with added almonds, raisins or other dried fruit, shredded coconut and a couple tbsp of nido.

Just add some cold water in the morning and off I go. I pack about 2 cups of the cereal mix and it gets me 650 calories with the milk. Cost is about $1/meal. If I’m adventurous I add in a bagel with peanut butter and honey to mix it up or stuff myself.

I’m 6’ and 220lbs so not the smallest guy out there and this keeps me running till snack time.

I haven't but I will now. Mind sending me a PM of your recipe??