FHF Gear Bino Harness Review

OP
PA_Hunter8

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
It only opens towards you? Deal breaker right there.

How so? Do you mean the flap that comes up? I haven’t found that to be an issue at all, definitely not a deal breaker for me, but I guess everyone has their own preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Yes for sure I there are times I want to just leave it open. The only way to do that is tuck it behind the unit, why go through that every time when it can just open forward and stay open , then I have to reopen it again when I replace the bino.....even in the video you held it open under your chin to access the binoculars. Seems like it’s counter intuitive to the primary purpose, a cover and access.

OP
PA_Hunter8

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
Yes for sure I there are times I want to just leave it open. The only way to do that is tuck it behind the unit, why go through that every time when it can just open forward and stay open , then I have to reopen it again when I replace the bino.....even in the video you held it open under your chin to access the binoculars. Seems like it’s counter intuitive to the primary purpose, a cover and access.

I guess that’s valid, personally I’ve never even considered that being a hassle or an issue, typically I either take them out to mount them on a tripod or hold the binos in my hand, simply laying the flap back down or holding it open to reinsert my binoculars doesn’t bother me. Interesting perspective, though!

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Did anyone else find the side pockets too small for anything? What windchecker are y’all using? Mine won’t fit.

Agross

WKR
I bought an agc and sent it back. Wanted to like it but just didn't. I picked up the Fhf and really like it. However the side pockets are tiny, like tiny. Not sure that I will use them at all.

AZElk

FNG
I like the FHF for a run and gun bino harness where I know I am going back to the truck (i.e. Antelope, plains Mule Deer, or bird hunting). Otherwise I am wearing my AGC every day in the field.

Gumbo

WKR
It only opens towards you? Deal breaker right there.

Funny, that is what sells me on this harness. Tucking the lid behind is how I run mine 90% of the time, the way the AGC lid opens is a deal breaker for me because I can't do that. I'm 5 years into the FHF and am sold.

Gumbo

WKR
Did anyone else find the side pockets too small for anything? What windchecker are y’all using? Mine won’t fit.

I can't fit anything in mine, but I've never really wanted to either. I have other pockets.