Extra long field dressing latex gloves

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking for elbow/shoulder length gloves for dressing big game and other chores where the wrist length gloves just don't work.

What do you all use and where do you buy them?

Thanks so much!

jolemons

WKR
I don't use them, but look at ag supply website for o.b. or palpation gloves.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
If you have a vet clinic around that works on horses or cows you can get them there. Runnings, TSC type stores would have them as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

davsco

WKR
look for HME Products, they have some arm length field processing gloves, not really heavy duty but keeps the muck off. i just ordered a few sets online but iirc got some at walmart a while back.

i buy a 6 pack of the hunter specialties field dressing gloves every year. it's 6 pairs of full length orange gloves that come with latex exam gloves. the latex gloves are crap so i swap those out for a thicker nitrile pair. put the full length gloves on first and put the nitrile exam glove over the top to give you some dexterity. if you want to buy in bulk just look for veterinarian artificial insemination gloves. you can get them on amazon.

jmez

WKR
If you want more dexterity, cut the fingers off the long gloves then put the latex/nitrile over them. Makes a big difference.

Scrappy

WKR
View attachment 66443 you can get a box of 100 at any farm store for around 13 bucks. Get a box of nitrite gloves and some zip lock sandwich bags. Combine and you now have your field dressing kits all made up that will last you the rest of your life. All for under 20 bucks total.

I'll second the nitrile glove recommendation. Nitrile gloves are far more durable in use vs the ultra-thin latex ones usually found in Hunter Specialties and other combo sets. I keep a 100-box of nitriles in my garage and use them for everything including dog nasties, field dressing, grease and oil messes and more.

Yotekiller

Lil-Rokslider
I have to admit I look down on people using the gloves. I have seen so many of them left at the site of a kill it really has started to get on my nerves. I can't help but think another city boy afraid to get his fingers dirty is littering in the woods.

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
I have to admit I look down on people using the gloves. I have seen so many of them left at the site of a kill it really has started to get on my nerves. I can't help but think another city boy afraid to get his fingers dirty is littering in the woods.

I kinda agree with that. I do use gloves just to try and keep some clean aspects to the meat situation but I see a lot of gloves and worse than that, Havalon type blades left behind.

92xj

WKR

And we folks with major allergies to dander but still want to be in the woods hunting and killing and taking our used gloves out of the field look down on no one that leave the land as they found it. It's not always about keeping your fingernails clean and putting on makeup for your city life romantic date.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
Pack it in, pack it out is pretty simple. I also do the ziplock kill kit with gloves. Super easy to take them off inside out and put them back in the ziplock and throw it back into your pack with no worry of making a mess. I also like it bc I can put the wrappers from my havalon blades with used blades carefully slid back into them in there as well.