Utility Knife Gut Hook etc.

Just sharing a little piece of equipment I have adopted. Some of you may already be using this but I don't ever see it mentioned so I thought i'd put it out here. This little darling will take up minimal room and weight and is a dream. I found this knife last year at Wally World and it is perfect. Sure you can use any utility knife but most are heavy and clunky. This one is .6oz....with a blade....MAYBE a hair over an ounce.

For gutting and skinning there is no comparison. Sure you can buy the Havalon gut hook blades but these are much tougher and will last forever. Plus with this blade, you get both the hook and the regular utility blade for an extra knife in your pack. You can also pick up any roofer blade (double sided hook) at any hardware store. This particular blade is the only "combo" I've found.

This setup is so light and easy to use it's almost absurd.

Just passing along to those interested!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sheffield-Plastic-Folding-Knife/183333689

Access Denied

145807ca6e9563b4b5b4db8c61595bbe.jpg
08e24073fe42fe246fb6bb244a92eefc.jpg

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
I have used both Havalon and common utility knives to gut and peel elk. The common utility knife works best for me because of blade strength and it usually takes just one blade to do the job but other blades store in the handle if needed. Guides are hesitant when I pull out a $10 utility knife but amazed when they see how it works. None have turned down the offer to let them keep it.

Mosby

WKR
Nice find. I was looking at utility knives at HD recently but didn't pull the trigger. I am going to Walmart tomorrow and pick one up. Thanks.