How effective is HECS Baselayer?

OP
bguitierez
The ozone thing REAL, that I’ve got to say. In fact, I started rigging my ozonics up to a old garment bag and ‘washing’ my scent out of my clothes nightly, whenever I have it handy. Most of my gear gets a good dousing of ozone now before any hunt- if it’ll fit in that bag. Got some stink to your backpack from hauling meat? Wash it with ozone and that stink is gone. Now they make a special unit for doing that and I think there’s a second company making clothing/gear washing systems, using ozone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pretty cool. I'll definitely have to consider it.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

netman

WKR
Do you think a HECs suit would confuse or cause a police K9 not to bite?
Or cause a bear to abort an attack?

Brendan

WKR
Do you think a HECs suit would confuse or cause a police K9 not to bite?
Or cause a bear to abort an attack?

No. But I would pay money to see some idiots with a camera test that theory... Darwin awards at their best.

But - I don't think Scent Control is a gimmick. Just have to think of it as "Scent Minimization" or "Scent Control" and NOT "Scent Elimination". Much more at home in a whitetail stand, but forget about it in Elk country.

texag10

WKR
I was in Oklahoma for a whitetail hunt a few years ago and a commercial for HECS was on at the lodge. I noticed the animal they were closest to when touting its effectiveness was an armadillo. I've had a few armadillos run into my boot when standing still while hog hunting, so I wasn't particularly impressed.

Beendare

WKR
I want to see one of the paid shills for HECS get up close and personal waving their arm next to a rattlesnake multiple times without getting bit...of course their arm will be completely protected by their HECS shirt sleeve.

Any volunteers? /grin