AGC or FHF bino harness

snowplow

WKR
I have a marsupial gear now but its too big for my binos and looking for a bit more storage.

I was thinking the kiss with the bottom pocket or fhf has a new style with a back sleeve pocket and molle bottom.

Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing will be smaller than the marsupial you have now when you gain storage you'll have gain additional size

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

i have both and like them both quite a bit. i think AGC based on your requirements. I don't have the new version of the Fhf but do not think I would be interested based on your description of it.

I have a marsupial gear now but its too big for my binos and looking for a bit more storage.

I was thinking the kiss with the bottom pocket or fhf has a new style with a back sleeve pocket and molle bottom.

Thoughts?

What size marsupial do you have and what binos you running?
I had the agc and it felt like a clothing dresser hanging on my chest. Too bulky. I have no experience with the fhf but my small marsupial is perfect for my swaro 10x 42 slcs. I am extremely happy with my marsupial.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I run the 8x42 leopold mojaves. Length is decent but l have enough room to put my smart phone and gps in there with them. But there doesnt seem to be a good way to use the extra space. I figured if lm hauling around extra real estate l might as well make it usable.

Id like to have my oregon gps and windchecker and headlamp and phone if possible. The pockets on the marsupial are worthless imo.

Im kind of liking the agc kiss with basement. I am thinking the bottom would be good for the gps. Back pocket for smartphone. And top elastic for randoms.

I run the 8x42 leopold mojaves. Length is decent but l have enough room to put my smart phone and gps in there with them. But there doesnt seem to be a good way to use the extra space. I figured if lm hauling around extra real estate l might as well make it usable.

Id like to have my oregon gps and windchecker and headlamp and phone if possible. The pockets on the marsupial are worthless imo.

Im kind of liking the agc kiss with basement. I am thinking the bottom would be good for the gps. Back pocket for smartphone. And top elastic for randoms.

What size marsupial?

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider

Thoughts?

I've tried both and still have an FHF. I ended up switching to the outdoor vision. Best one I've tried and I've tried them all. If you want more storage though the AGC is the only one you can put gear in. It's fricken huge though. I only keep wind call, knife, tiny first aid, and lens cleaner in mine. the rest goes in my pack.

rm06

WKR
I have both as well. I just got the AGC Kodiak C.U.B. this last year for more storage and to better protect my binos from the elements and it is still my preference. Nothing wrong with the FHF except when I tried over filling it

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
What do you guys think of the agc harness? I love my simple flat marsupial one. The agc seems like a lot of extra stuff.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I prefer that AGC over the FHF, mainly because I carry a lot of stuff in the front of it. E-light, bino tripod adapter, lighter, fire starter and mouth calls. I really liked that little sleeve on the front of the FHF though because a pocket knife fit perfectly, but it took up space from the zippered front sleeve and you really couldn't get anything in there except calls and maybe your tag folded up really small. I don't remember which AGC I have, but I moved to the Muley Freak harness for something a little smaller, and now am trying out the outdoorsmans. IMO for a backcountry harness where you need/want a lot of things really handy and always with you, I'd go the AGC route. I don't think that FHF is going to be much bigger extra space wise, if any, than your marsupial.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Btw, l meant to ask about a pistol. Do any of these harnesses work well for integrating a pistol?

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Tried both, I prefer the FHF. Doesn’t feel like I’m wearing a suitcase on my chest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rm06

WKR
Btw, l meant to ask about a pistol. Do any of these harnesses work well for integrating a pistol?

None that I know of would support the weight of a pistol. Not to mention that drawing it would be extremely difficult, it would either be too close to your draw arm or too difficult to draw from around the bino pocket

RMarciano

FNG
I prefer that AGC over the FHF, mainly because I carry a lot of stuff in the front of it. E-light, bino tripod adapter, lighter, fire starter and mouth calls. I really liked that little sleeve on the front of the FHF though because a pocket knife fit perfectly, but it took up space from the zippered front sleeve and you really couldn't get anything in there except calls and maybe your tag folded up really small. I don't remember which AGC I have, but I moved to the Muley Freak harness for something a little smaller, and now am trying out the outdoorsmans. IMO for a backcountry harness where you need/want a lot of things really handy and always with you, I'd go the AGC route. I don't think that FHF is going to be much bigger extra space wise, if any, than your marsupial.

Can you leave your thoughts on the Outdoorsmans? There don’t seem to be any reviews or comments online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR

FHF offers a holster for their harness. I've never tried it, but it looks pretty slick in the photos.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you leave your thoughts on the Outdoorsmans? There don’t seem to be any reviews or comments online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure!

I've been getting along really well with it. They tried to get away from using excessive buckles, so there is only one male/female quick detach buckle on the lower left strap, instead of all 4 attachment points to the harness. They use a elastic loop closure system that hooks around a button type thing. There's one in the middle on the top and bottom so you can hook it closed or hook it open. Then there are also 2 located on the sides so when the flap is closed you can really secure it in 3 places if needed. Their pouch in the front doesn't hold as much as my MF or AGC harness but still holds the essentials. I wish it had a different closure than just the elastic band on the front pocket, but nothing has fallen out it's pretty stout.

I like the closure system.. that flap folding forward instead of just up is really nice. They hold my EL Ranges better than any harness I've used and it's as low profile as the FHF if not more. We'll see as I use it more this spring but so far I like it!

AGC just posted a teaser for a pistol attachment on their Instagram story yesterday, so they might have one coming down the pipe shortly. I like my FHF but don't put a ton of stuff in my bino harness, so it sounds like our preferences are different. I'm sure the AGC would offer you more storage room.

What do you guys think of the agc harness? I love my simple flat marsupial one. The agc seems like a lot of extra stuff.

I will let you know how the AGC works out with small binos. I got the AGC Cub M.A.X. to fit my maven b3's. I initially didn't want bulk either and was looking at the FHF/Marsupial but I figured it would be handy to carry some things just in case I have to drop my pack and I like that the bino storage area is enclosed all around the binos on the AGC.