Rav Power Pack

I have used these Rav Power Packs, exclusively for 3 years now. My original ones were the 26,800 packs for like $49
Amazon.com: Portable Charger RAVPower 26800 Battery Packs 26800mAh Total 5.5A Output 3-Port Power Bank (2A Input, iSmart 2.0 USB Power Pack) Portable Battery Charger for iPhone, iPad, and other Smart Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

These have never given me an issue, even on cold weather, and for the cost and what mAh they provide for weight- it is a great deal.

But then I found this one and just ordered it last week and it arrived:
32,000 mAh pack for only $62
Amazon.com: Portable Charger 32000 RAVPower 32000mAh Power Banks 6A Output, External USB Battery Pack for iPhone X, iPhone 8, Galaxy and More (3-Port, 2.4A Input, Triple iSmart 2.0 USB): Cell Phones & Accessories
I have been charging it since yesterday, and it is 3/4 full. Pretty sure this was half full, as that is how most lithium batteries are stored.
This only weighs 19 oz.

Just thought I would share this if others were looking for a good source to run all those electric gadgets.
469aa4706e4fe338494d5c72ce8b15ed.jpg

Last edited:

big44a4

WKR
I have used these Rav Power Packs, exclusively for 3 years now. My original ones were the 26,800 packs for like $49
Amazon.com: Portable Charger RAVPower 26800 Battery Packs 26800mAh Total 5.5A Output 3-Port Power Bank (2A Input, iSmart 2.0 USB Power Pack) Portable Battery Charger for iPhone, iPad, and other Smart Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

These have never given me an issue, even on cold weather, and for the cost and what mAh they provide for weight- it is a great deal.

But then I found this one and just ordered it last week and it arrived:
32,000 mAh pack for only $62

I have been charging it since yesterday, and it is 3/4 full. Pretty sure this was half full, as that is how most lithium batteries are stored.
This only weighs 19 oz.

Just thought I would share this if others were looking for a good source to run all those electric gadgets.
469aa4706e4fe338494d5c72ce8b15ed.jpg

Mine worked flawlessly this past year. My only issue is sometimes charging it I can never remember if all lights blinking from left to right or solid light with farthest to the right blinking means it’s charging...but it’s not often that I have to recharge the pack or I’d have it down by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
In charge mode, it blinks from L to R.
Once it is half full, the 2 furthest left lights will remain solid, and the 2 furthest right lights will blink. When all 4 are solid it is full.
When 1 light is solid, it is 25% and so on.

Just always try to store these longer than 30 days) at half full. Never store them at 100% full, as it will cause issues with the individual cells and they wont discharge or charge equally causing a loss in total storage capacity and eventually that cell will swell, and you will loose voltage as well as a potential danger if it gets excessively swelled.

OP
mfllood3800
Somewhere in the ad for this I read: "there is a newer version of this product" when I clicked that link, it took me to the 28,600 model one. So I went ahead got it thinking it was being phased out for a little smaller one.

Today I noticed a newer version that has 2 charge ports for 2X faster charging, but not in the big 32,000 version.

I'm a power addict myself. Over the years I've used numerous battery packs and as of late I've moved over mostly to single 18650's.

My headlamp uses them as well so I'll bring two for the headlamp (one installed plus a spare) then a 4 cell bank I can mix and match. My current setup can hold around 14000mah but the size is just way smaller. More of a paired down setup these days. Most of the packs like the RAV just use 18650's anyway but I do like the form and function of many of those.