Rapid Rifle Cover

frankrb3

WKR
I use butler creek caps on my scope and tape the end of my muzzle while hunting. Just noticed the rapid rifle cover on firstlites website and it looks like a great piece of gear that would protect both my scope and muzzle from snow, dirt and rain. The product is even made right here near Bozeman, MT. Looking for some feedback on this product either good or bad. Has anyone been running one, what are your thoughts? Thanks

I use butler creek caps on my scope and tape the end of my muzzle while hunting. Just noticed the rapid rifle cover on firstlites website and it looks like a great piece of gear that would protect both my scope and muzzle from snow, dirt and rain. The product is even made right here near Bozeman, MT. Looking for some feedback on this product either good or bad. Has anyone been running one, what are your thoughts? Thanks
Love mine. Simple, light, offers good protection.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Zbot

WKR
There are other companies that offer the same thing or better, cheaper.

Eberlestock has one and Solo Hunter sells the one I use, which covers the entire rifle.

You could even buy directly from Rapid Rifle and save the middleman cost...unless you just have to have it in Fusion or Cipher.

But back to the original question, yes, these type of covers are definitely the way to go. You might lose a shot op if you don't practice getting it off quickly for those times you randomly bump an animal but for the most part you should be good to go.

Last edited:
There are other companies that offer the same thing or better, cheaper.

Eberlestock has one and Solo Hunter sells the one I use, which covers the entire rifle.

You could even buy directly from Rapid Rifle and save the middleman cost...unless you just have to have it in Fusion or Cipher.

But back to the original question, yes, these type of covers are definitely the way to go. You might lose a shot op if you don't practice getting it off quickly for those times you randomly bump an animal but for the most part you should be good to go.
The solo hunter one is way over built in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I purchased a "Dri-Hide" 3 in 1 rifle case/cover at du-ha.com. It is water resistant, but breathable. It has a shoulder strap to carry it with the rifle in it. When you take the rifle out, you can roll it up into a small package. Cost me about $24.00, and really protects the rifle well during transport on an ATV/UTV. It prevents your rifle and optics from dust and light rain, water just beads up and rolls off. Breathability helps prevent moisture from collecting on the rifle.
etrailer.com has them for $17.95 if you don't want the shoulder strap.

Last edited: