Garmin Inreach

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't have time to watch the full video. Any idea on price point and would it be available for a Sept. hunt?

Squirrels

WKR
I didn't have time to watch the full video. Any idea on price point and would it be available for a Sept. hunt?

$350. Finding the delorme explorer is still the better buy I think, cabelas has them for $200

colonel00

WKR
If I didn't already have an InReach SE, I'd be all over this. Right now, my time in the backcountry is limited and I barely use the SE so it's hard to justify a new device. However, if I was starting fresh, this would be a slam dunk, especially since I already have a Fenix 5x.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Cute little guy!
42c0aab3a69b306b253fcefb4fa37753.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been holding out on the bigger SE for a year now in hopes a smaller device would be on the way. Any chances of a side-by-side comparison on the specs/functionality.

Working on that now. Hope to have it done by tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Damn that's small!

I'm not tempted (the basic mapping in the explorer paired with my cell I think will serve me pretty well) but cool to see the technology improving/evolving.

Trial153

WKR
I have a new one in the box right now. I need to see the weight difference of the mini and and if it’s worth switching over.....Also not sure I want to the loose the gps functionality of the regular version. If nothing else it’s a back up to my phone.

Netherman

WKR
Hoping this isn't the only new release this year. I was really hoping for a version with garmin maps and chip capability. Any comment Rob???

On the other hand this might be the push I need to make the switch to a cell phone as my primary GPS.

Nick

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hoping this isn't the only new release this year. I was really hoping for a version with garmin maps and chip capability. Any comment Rob???

On the other hand this might be the push I need to make the switch to a cell phone as my primary GPS.

Nick

None that i know of that pertain to the inreach..sorry!

Trial153

WKR
looks like a two oz difference. Unless i can get an even up trade for a new one i cant see selling mine to buy the mini. I am not that straped for space or weight.

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
So you can link this to your phone and text, right? I see it can link to Bluetooth devices I just didn’t see it clearly state you can text through your phone like the other units.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So you can link this to your phone and text, right? I see it can link to Bluetooth devices I just didn’t see it clearly state you can text through your phone like the other units.

Yes you can. Also from your Garmin watch or GPS device.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

n2horns

WKR
So many options, i like bigger screens and now using onxmaps with cell phone. So using the larger inreach, I don't think i need the mapping and just use cell with onxmaps. Then the mini inreach would work best to basically be a transmitter and do mapping and texting off your cell.

I guess it will work with the garmin fenix 5x too.