Primus Omnilite & Optimus Polaris review thread***Review Complete 6/5/18***

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kendall over at Hunting Gear and Hunting Supplies at BlackOvis.com is giving me the opportunity to review the Primus Omnilite ti stove and the Optimus Polaris stove. These just came in yesterday and I'm still familiarizing myself with them, but over the next couple months I will be putting them through the paces and testing them with the different fuels they boast they are capable of using and ultimately running them in the field hunting and scouting. If you guys have any questions or want something covered, you can let me know here in this thread.

William's final review is complete. Read it here.

57081611996a7d2ae55eec6db1dbeb6b.jpg
f84b8d6d3a179c9327fe6a8f7cf41a85.jpg
e67162b6353071d1e2db7326fd311a38.jpg
6840d9b6f3b8e7d2893ac46d91d4827d.jpg

Live2hunt custom shelters

Last edited by a moderator:
I have old Brunton stove, not sure the model. Is it the same as the Polaris? My fuel can is dented and needs replaced. I’ve had the stove for over 15 years I think. Great stove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good info
Thank you
Love the pup in the back ground
Makes it more real and less of a sales pitch
Nice to see real reviews
Ready for testing results

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks I did 3 or 4 takes and the dog barking got the nod because it was less distracting than loud children. I need a sound proof office. Lol
I have old Brunton stove, not sure the model. Is it the same as the Polaris? My fuel can is dented and needs replaced. I’ve had the stove for over 15 years I think. Great stove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea about the Brunton but a lot of the bottles are interchangeable.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was testing and making videos today on these and I would highly recommend making sure you have enough time to air the house out before your wife gets home when using liquid fuels or you might end up testing your sleep system in the yard that night.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is part 2 of my video review of these two stoves. In post-processing it cut off the bottom of the screen a bit so it's a little difficult to see the stoves but you can still make out the size comparisons for the various pots and how well they fit. I will add that even with the largest pot that I used, the ever-new 1.3 l, there was still room left over on both of the stove pot supports for an even larger one so they can easily accommodate actual camp cooking instead of just boiling water.

Primus Omnilite and Optimus Polaris review part 2 - YouTube

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good stuff so far. Thanks William!
Thanks man. I'm trying to cover all the bases that I would be interested in if I was looking to buy one of these type of stoves myself, which I actually was and that's how I ended up with them and I couldn't find any good comparisons. Hopefully these videos and my final written review and help others make an educated choice.