Tripod similar to Outdoorsman Medium

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Lately I’ve been having a tripod dilemma. I can’t understand why lightweight tripods all have 4-5 leg sections. I like the idea of the Outdoorsmans medium only having two leg sections with an extendable center column. It seems to make a sturdier tripod while still keeping it lightweight. Also less moving parts only having the two leg sections. I have a 4 section and have almost considered hacking the two bottom sections off but can’t get myself to do it. Is there anything else out there that fits the bill and is less than the $380 Outdoorsmans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokorn28

FNG
I’ve gone through several tripods myself and one set of trigger sticks.

I can say that after coughing up the money for an Outdoorsmans tripod, I’m extremely pleased.

Spend the money and be happy would be my suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JDZ

WKR
A couple years ago, I opted for the Pro Master XC325c. It is similar to the more popular XC525c, but has 3 leg sections instead of 5. Obviously, it doesn't fold quite as small, but it is a little lighter and less money. Make sure your looking at the carbon version if that's what you want.

I would argue that the taller center section makes the tripod less stable though. With a taller tripod, you can get by without the center section.

bradb

WKR
I don't really like center columns. Check out the feisol 3342, 3 sections pretty light, doesn't fold as small though.
I am debating selling my outdoorsman medium with mum white head. Like it a lot but it seems to stay at home now..