water system

looking for specific advice on a good setup to be able to process water in the backcountry. i want to be able to filter from a dirty bag directly into my water bladder threw my hose. was hoping to get suggestions on a specific system brand, parts ets. what do you use?

Mosby

WKR
I have a 2 liter Platypus Gravity Works kit and put Sawyer fast fill adapters on my bladder hoses. I can fill directly into my nalgene bottles or my water bladder. Works for me.

another option would be a CNOC Vecto 2L squeeze/gravity dirty bag and a sawyer mini or full size into your bladder using the same connectors.

AdamW

WKR
so is it true that most of the hoses and fittings are interchangeable regardless of brand?

Most systems use a 1/4" inside diameter hose. The sawyer fast fill adapters for example (that you can splice in to your bladder hose for doing what you're describing) are 1/4" and fit "most" systems. I can't remember the brand of bladder I ordered last but the hose was juuuust a little over 1/4". I put in the Sawyer quick fill adapter then cranked down a couple mini zip ties on each side. They fit Platypus etc. with no issues.

Sawyer Squeeze is my favorite system with the QD adapters. The biggest downside to the Sawyer it seems is if you let it freeze you are pumping dirty water from then on. Keep it in a ziploc and on your person/in your sleeping bag and you'll be fine.

If I were building a water system from the ground up using a bladder it would be:

Amazon.com : Platypus Big Zip LP Hydration Reservoir : Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com : Sawyer Products SP131 PointOne Squeeze Water Filter System with 3 Pouches : Camping Water Filters : Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com : Sawyer Products Fast Fill Adapters for Hydration Packs : Camping Water Filters : Sports & Outdoors