Any NEW Swaro CL companion experiences?

Updated version has hit the streets, anybody gotten eyes on them yet? Few reviews I have seen were unrelated to hunting but extremely pleased with the product and updates over the old CL.

Really lose to pulling the trigger on this binocular but still holding off/ leaning kind of toward SLC before hearing some more info from a more hunter oriented community.

Doh! .... Any way I can move this to optics?

wyosteve

WKR
I can't speak to the new version, but I picked up a set of 8x30's old version on sale and am so happy with them that I'm considering selling my EL's. Clarity and field of view are excellent.

OP
DangerRanger
I can't speak to the new version, but I picked up a set of 8x30's old version on sale and am so happy with them that I'm considering selling my EL's. Clarity and field of view are excellent.

That's cool to hear. So far my best binos are my current 8x32 viper hds so I think I would be extremely happy with the CLs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napperm4

WKR
I haven’t been able to find the new version in Canada to try out in person yet but I have the 10x30 in the last version.

I picked them up with the intention for fast and light in my chest pack and to shave a little weight off the pack.

I was so impressed I sold my SLC’s and they’ve been my goto bino’s for a few years now. The smaller objective only really gave up about 5-7 minutes of light.

They’re no EL’s but I’d have no hesitation picking up the new ones. I plan to sometime this summer just to compare the two models and satisfy my gear junkie personality.

Napperm4

WKR
That's cool to hear. So far my best binos are my current 8x32 viper hds so I think I would be extremely happy with the CLs.

The previous model companions destroy the vipers and the razors easily to my eyes for what it’s worth.

svivian

WKR
I have looked through them and they are fantastic for the size and price. Way better than 10x42 razors or any compact I've looked through. They were especially impressive when it came to edge to edge clarity. Compared to the SLC though that's tough, they aren't apples to apples.

Last edited:

Napperm4

WKR
I have looked through them and they are fantastic for the size and price. Way better than 10x42 razors or any compact I've looked through. Compared to the SLC though that's tough, they aren't apples to apples.

My old model ones weren’t on par with the slcs either. But for what I want, the trade off in lower weight, size and price - I wasn’t getting enough extra performance from my slcs to justify the cost.

goat1958

FNG
I have them. Swaro had them on sale thru Coffman and Sons at SCI in Feb. I have the els also..The CL is a fantastic optic in my opinion. Much more compact than full size glass. 1/3 the price. I have been buying top of the line Swaro and Leica for 15 years or so. I am glad I purchased them.

mcseal2

WKR
I have wanted a pair for a while primarily for scouting. I love my Leica Geovid HD 10x42 binos but they are pretty bulky when I don't need the rangefinder. Scouting I have 15x Swaros in the pack to use off the tripod anyway so I just need some compact binos good for quick looks and scanning.

I really wish Swaro or Leica would come out with a great 12x50 with a rangefinder designed for use off a tripod and I'd get those and a good 8x30, sell everything else.

EastMT

WKR
I put the old and new side by side at cabelas. 10x30, the new eyepiece has a larger lens, I was set on buying the discounted older version until I looked through the new one.