Footprints used for sun/rain tarp

Slim Jim

WKR
I’m trying to save some more weight this year. Does anyone use their tent footprint for a rain tarp to glass. To many times I’ve holed up in my tent or looked for cover when summer monsoons come down. I’d rather stay out and glass and instead of bringing a separate tarp, I figured I could use a footprint. I was thinking about using a tarp as a footprint but that will probably tear. I use a Copper spur ul1 so I’d have to use a different footprint as that’s too small. Any lightweight footprints big enough for a tarp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have that tent but isn't the footprint silpoly or silnylon just like a tarp is? Do you ever run your tent without the footprint? I do all the time.
To save max weight ditch footprint and stuff sacks for tent then small tarp will net basically zero additional weight

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I don't have that tent but isn't the footprint silpoly or silnylon just like a tarp is? Do you ever run your tent without the footprint? I do all the time.
To save max weight ditch footprint and stuff sacks for tent then small tarp will net basically zero additional weight

I think so but my footprint is to small for a tarp. Maybe a ul3 footprint but I’m not to sure about weight on those. I could scour the internet and find something I’m sure but I thought maybe someone here has already done their homework.

I like using a nest for early season bow hunting. Those dam mosquitos will eat you up in your sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk